Author Topic: Multi-Step Mode - X-Time Question  (Read 1423 times)

Smokin Jon

Multi-Step Mode - X-Time Question
« on: November 20, 2020, 12:32:32 PM »
I programed a 4 step multi-step program as follows:
Step 1 - Temperature = 180.  Time = 40 minutes
Step 2 - Temperature = 195.  Time = 20 minutes
Step 3 - Temperature = 205.  Time = 20 minutes
Step 4 - Temperature = 220.  Time = 21 Hours.

I noticed the timer starts immediately when the smoker is turned on, NOT when the programed temperature is reached.  ???

The manual states, "The timer will start counting even if the smoker temperature has not yet reached the target temperature.  Make sure the step time is long enough.  If the step time is too short, the controller may continue to the next step no mater what the actual smoker temperature is."

What is the point of setting a time you want the smoker to stay at a set temperature if the timer starts before the temperature is reached???   ??? 

I guess I have to sit and watch how long the smoker takes to reach each setpoint and then add that to the amount of time I want the smoker to stay at that setpoint.   :(

Is this correct?
Smokin Jon
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 12:35:43 PM by Smokin Jon »

LarryD

• 3DW
Re: Multi-Step Mode - X-Time Question
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 09:06:00 PM »
The software for these controllers is really craptastic on so many levels.  I just use mine in 'dumb' mode as it's not worth trying to program it and I'm a professional computer geek.  :)
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...