Author Topic: SI #2 with Norman Cabinet  (Read 1812 times)

Reeg

SI #2 with Norman Cabinet
« on: April 12, 2020, 09:32:36 AM »
Since I'm a tall guy (6' 2") and have no time to build a cart, I opted for SI's Norman cart for my #2. I needed a mouse-proof cabinet since I store the smoker in my garage and I sometimes get mice. It was easy to setup, very stable due to the extended wheel base, looks good IMHO, and is very easy to move around. No more being down on my knees when lining the bottom with foil!

Paul from SW New Hampshire
SI #2DW + Bella's CSG

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: SI #2 with Norman Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 10:52:37 AM »
I really should get a cart.  I am 6'4" and will be 70 this year.  But bending over, stooping down is my exercise for working off the effects of Q.  But there are days when I wish I had it mounted up higher. Enjoy your smoker.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Lonzinomaker

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 11:57:55 AM »
I have found there are 2 drawer 18" wide filing cabinets on Craigslist/thrift stores available occasionally. I add some angle metal on the bottom and get some 4 inch casters from Harbor Freight to bolt on and then I have a great cart. 
I even used some 6 in wheels and made kind of a dolly cart for a friend that has to store his smoker in a backyard shed and bring it to patio to smoke.  Also bolted the smoker through the top of the cabinet so it could be tipped back for moving.  Works great for him.
I also found an aluminum bakery cart for $25 in an antique store that works great for my #3.
Dave
Smokin-It #3 main smoker.
1400 Smokin Tex (same size as #2) for Snowbird time.
Smokin-It #1 for camping trips.
Big Chief with mailbox mod for cheese smoking
Blackstone 22in griddle with Bakerstone pizza oven
Spokane, WA

barelfly

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 09:52:31 PM »
I really like all the setups you guys have! Very cool! I as well, would love to not have to kneel down for foil, food - any of it. I may need to revisit some of the options available for the #3.

Thanks for the photos!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear