Author Topic: Hi Everyone!  (Read 3671 times)

RG

Hi Everyone!
« on: March 31, 2020, 05:21:16 PM »
I hope you're all doing well in this crazy time. I know I have been going a little stir crazy but at lease I am well. I have been trying to keep my mind off of things, been busy down in the basement. Redecorating the man cave a little. The issue is, now that I have gotten that done, I have no company to come over and utilize it :P

What have y'all been doing to pass the time?
Jason from Conyers GA

barelfly

Re: Hi Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 06:00:55 PM »
It seems like forever since I’ve seen you post, but, could be just that I’ve missed them.

Lots of Zoom calls in my office with all this stuff going on, but have been able to do some things with the kids since my oldest is back from college and my son can’t play baseball. I’ve suddenly become a coach again, which, I have enjoyed!

Oh, and did I mention eating...and eating...have had some fun cooking and making some things I haven’t made in some time.

Good to see you!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear

RG

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 06:26:34 PM »
It seems like forever since I’ve seen you post, but, could be just that I’ve missed them.

Lots of Zoom calls in my office with all this stuff going on, but have been able to do some things with the kids since my oldest is back from college and my son can’t play baseball. I’ve suddenly become a coach again, which, I have enjoyed!

Oh, and did I mention eating...and eating...have had some fun cooking and making some things I haven’t made in some time.

Good to see you!

Good to be seen :) It's been a while since I've posted. I check on here every once in a while. I just had it on my mind to check in and see how everyone was doing.

I know all about the eating, it seems I am doing what I call "bored eating". Nothing going on so I snack, lol.

I've been doing a little cooking, still trying out different cookers to see if I am missing something. I think I about have it out my system though, lol. My wife tolerates it so at least I have that going for me. She's an enabler :)
Jason from Conyers GA

mike1910

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 09:28:47 PM »
These are strange times. I’ve got 2 little ones so trying to keep them busy and occupied has been a battle. Working from home  is not good for the health, I swear all I do is snack!
But bought a new side by side recently so getting that out when the weather is warm enough has provided some relief and I’ve been doing plenty of smoking in my #3 along with trying new things on my Blackstone.
Hopefully the boys of summer are playing sooner rather than later to provide some much needed entertainment!
Mike from NE Minnesota
SI #3

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 11:29:39 PM »
Good to see you here again Jason.  Hows that stainless steel forge of a grill doing that you bought a couple years back?  And still using the #3!  Good for you.  Speaking of the Boys of Summer, TCM was running some old B&W baseball movies today.  A real treat. Stay healthy and lay off the snack!  David
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

barelfly

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 10:16:37 AM »
Boys of Summer!!!!

that is right! Can’t wait for baseball to start! Especially getting to watch my 15yo play again.

David, thanks for the info on TCM, I’ll have to watch that. I’ve been going to YouTube and watching the MLB Vault Channel, they have so many classic games on there. I’ve watched a few World Series games, a few no hitters, including Nolan Ryan’s #7. Has been one way to get the baseball fix in!

Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q

RG

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 02:55:03 PM »
Good to see you here again Jason.  Hows that stainless steel forge of a grill doing that you bought a couple years back?  And still using the #3!  Good for you.  Speaking of the Boys of Summer, TCM was running some old B&W baseball movies today.  A real treat. Stay healthy and lay off the snack!  David

The KBQ? Working excellent! As for the #3, that wasn't me, that was mike1910 that said that. I haven't had a #3 in years.

I haven't watched any baseball games but did see that ESPN was showing some NFL stuff from last year. I was watching a Rams game where Todd Gurley (Ex Bulldog) was playing. My Falcons have brought him back to Atlanta so we'll see if he's got anything left to give. I hope he does!

I have been limiting my work hours where I can, still getting bored but boredom is better than being sick!

While being bored, I did turn this :

Into this :

No offense to any Chargers fans on here but those panels will be replaced at some point :P
Jason from Conyers GA

RG

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 03:11:32 PM »
Here's a poorly shot video of the room in action. I still need to clear out the room beside it (movie room) to make room for my wife's exercise stuff, so you'll see some of that in the video :)

https://youtu.be/nnRrk8-SnIs

The good news is that it's yet another thing to keep me busy!
Jason from Conyers GA

mike1910

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2020, 07:24:18 PM »
Wow! Great looking set up! What a fun area. I’d imagine it will get lots of use going forward. Thanks for sharing!
Mike from NE Minnesota
SI #3

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 01:02:20 AM »
Looking good Jason.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

RG

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2020, 05:41:54 AM »
8 months later and this craziness is still ensuing! Virus, politics, celebrity deaths......what a year 2020 has been. I don't normally stay up to ring in the new year, but I am this time! I want to make sure 2020 is GONE, lol!
Jason from Conyers GA

barelfly

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2020, 11:07:40 AM »
Ha! Good idea!

How’s the “new” basement treating you? What else have you done to the space!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q

RG

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2020, 06:07:28 PM »
Ha! Good idea!

How’s the “new” basement treating you? What else have you done to the space!

Hahaha, am I THAT transparent? I have done a few things since then (much to my wife's chagrin) :P

I have added a virtual pinball table, a "bowling game" called Rock N' Bowl, I have made a little shelf unit that holds 6 little mini arcade games. I'm pretty proud of it actually, it has LED backlighting. I have also added a wall hung PAC-MAN dealio. I have a little countertop arcade ran on a raspberry pi that's pretty nifty. I also bought an exact replica Dragon's Lair that is about 16 inches tall or so and a countertop Ms. Pacman. I plan on making a counter/shelf for those to sit on with a little stool in front to sit and play. I refelted the pool table red, I changed the Chargers graphics on the coke machine to actual Coke logos. That's about it I think, lol. I'll post an update once it's "done" if there is such a thing :)

I actually have spent next to no time down there though as life has kept me insanely busy and occupied with other things but there will come a day, maybe next year!

Here's the little display shelf I made

A poor video of it in action
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14w1GgnkzHwvedc8u3cPIOpF989K3PtNb/view?usp=sharing

I also made myself a little sign to hang over the PAC-MAN, I am a hack, just winging this stuff.

Jason from Conyers GA

barelfly

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2020, 10:56:29 PM »
Man! That is a cool setup! Love the new additions - especially the sing and the shelf! Thank you for sharing!

Love seeing the pics!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q

RG

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2020, 08:13:19 PM »
I need to get it finished, it's been on the back burner for a bit. I think I may have ADD as I start one thing before the last thing is done. It drives me crazy actually, lol. I have just been busy with other stuff. I actually was asked by a member of another forum to make a sign for his neighbors. They are a house divided, one likes Alabama, the other Auburn.

He wanted me to make this (replace "house" with their last name "roe") :

So I came up with this concept :

Once he approved of my design, I made it so! :

Hard to do my own stuff when doing stuff for my wife's craft business but at least her stuff makes money whereas my stuff costs money :P
Jason from Conyers GA