Author Topic: Venison Fatty  (Read 2481 times)

TexasSMK

Venison Fatty
« on: March 19, 2019, 09:47:24 PM »
Whoa--Recommend this one.  1lb Venison ground, 1/2 lb Jimmy Deans sausage,cream cheese, Colby Jack shredded, roasted pablano, rolled and wrapped in BACON.  Smoked with couple ounces Apple to IT 154is, then quick sear to crisp the bacon.  Used a Chupacabra BBQ Rub, in and out of wrap!  Oh, Bonus Armadillo eggs, used other 1/2 pound of JD sausage, jalapeƱo stuffed with cream cheese and Colby Jack!  All tasty!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 09:52:06 PM by TexasSMK »
Dale from NE Texas--USMC Retired--Living in Havre de Grace, Maryland.  SE#2 with Auber

kona77

Re: Venison Fatty
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 10:18:14 PM »

Wow that looks good.. Have not made any Fatties yet but will keep this as a reference. Have 12-15lbs of venison burger and some venison trimmings that I turned into Italian sausage that I will look to use in a Fatty smoke
Gene from Wisconsin
SI newbie (3-D)
Live/breathe for the outdoors..

TexasSMK

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 05:30:57 AM »
Definately good.  I did not get any sausage made this year--so resorted to Jimmy Deans Sage sausage.  I had leftovers for a couple days--got better each time  :)
Dale from NE Texas--USMC Retired--Living in Havre de Grace, Maryland.  SE#2 with Auber

JeffroTull

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 07:46:39 PM »
Did a venison fatty today.

2# ground venison with 1# ground pork
Garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, dried cilantro, diced jalapeƱos, bbq sauce, breadcrumbs, 2 eggs and chopped up some bacon from my bacon weave from the venison roast the other day. Rolled around a sharp cheddar core. Bacon weave with bbq sauce glaze. In my #2 at 250 until IT 165. Hit it under the broiler for ~5min to crisp up the bacon and glaze.

Pics below.

TexasSMK

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 05:55:17 PM »
Dang that looks great, know mine was incredible! Nicely done