Author Topic: Vietnamese Spicy Dipping Sauce (Nuoc Cham) - excellent with eggs rolls.  (Read 2592 times)

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Vietnamese Spicy Dipping Sauce (Nuoc Cham)

Makes 1 1/3 cup
1 T + ¼ t Rice-wine vinegar
2 T sugar
¾ cup water
1 ¾ t fish sauce (Red Boat)
1 T Chili garlic sauce (Tuong Ot Toi Viet-Nam Chili Garlic Sauce)

Combine all ingredients together and mix well in a small bowl. Can be stored in the refrigerator and will last for at least a month.

paidin

Might i suggest fresh limes instead of vinegar? Also, red boat is too expensive. Try phuc quoc or something like that. We never spend more than $4 for a bottle of fish sauce.  Instead of chili garlic sauce, put fresh garlic and thai chili peppers in a mortar and pestle and mash them up fresh.

Also it's impossible to make this stuff perfectly. You have to marry a woman who can make it. That's what i did. That's how we choose or women.  The hard part is making them choose you back.
the SI#4 should be named "The American" because you can do everything in excess with it.  Just because you can.  'Murica!

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Might i suggest fresh limes instead of vinegar? Also, red boat is too expensive. Try phuc quoc or something like that. We never spend more than $4 for a bottle of fish sauce.  Instead of chili garlic sauce, put fresh garlic and thai chili peppers in a mortar and pestle and mash them up fresh.

Also it's impossible to make this stuff perfectly. You have to marry a woman who can make it. That's what i did. That's how we choose or women.  The hard part is making them choose you back.

I agree to disagree, the red boat sauce is worth the money!

Greg