Poll

Did you visit the forum before making your purchase, and what impact did it have?

Yes.  Briefly visiited, but didn't stay long.
No.  I never visited the forum before purchasing.
I visited the forum after I made the decision to buy
Information on the forum directly influenced my decision to buy
I visited the forum before purchase, but it had no influence on my decision to buy
I didn't know about the forum prior to purchasing.

Author Topic: What influence did the Smokin-It forum have in your buying decision?  (Read 90710 times)

smokeasaurus

Re: What influence did the Smokin-It forum have in your buying decision?
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2015, 02:51:46 PM »
When I bought my first #3, Smokin It was pretty scarce on the net...not too many reviews and of course no forum. 4 years later you can see the obvious improvements that have made to the models along with the #4 (which I need about as much as I need a hole in my head)......(but I want it...sooooooo bad) ::) and now there is this vibrant forum.

There is a member here that cancelled his order with another Mfg when seeing a little first impression review I did over on Lets Talk BBQ.....not many reviews were around then...........

Today.....Smokin-It is a major player in the Lazy-Que smoker market and still offers the best value for your hard earned dollar  8)
Got Smoke?
Smokin It #2 and stand
Weber Performer
Weber Redhead
Gabby Grills Santa Maria and Rotisserie
PK Grill
Blackstone 36 inch Flat Top

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2015, 01:17:06 PM »
Thanks for the good words, Scott!  Glad you found time to get back with us! :D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2015, 06:48:10 PM »
I did not know about the forum prior to my purchase. Only after asking Steve if the smoker came with a book of recipes and how to use. He told me to check out the forum as there are plenty of recipes and also great tips on the use of the smoker. Had I known would have purchased the #2 instead of the #1. But, it worked out ok as also have a #3 for large smokes.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

Bebe

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2015, 08:35:29 PM »
i've been looking at Smokin-it for a few years now (i believe since #2 came out) but i did not buy it... i wanted something mainly for fish and sausages, WSM doesn't have enough room for sausages.
I found this forum when i bought the #3 and i was looking for a controller, Auberin came up and somehow led me here...
I glad SI has its own forum, not much info about it on bbq-brethren (ok, full disclosure here :) ) It looks like i have to learn how to smoke all over again  :-[
Pete
Brooklyn, NY

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2015, 10:20:26 PM »
i've been looking at Smokin-it for a few years now (i believe since #2 came out) but i did not buy it... i wanted something mainly for fish and sausages, WSM doesn't have enough room for sausages.
I found this forum when i bought the #3 and i was looking for a controller, Auberin came up and somehow led me here...
I glad SI has its own forum, not much info about it on bbq-brethren (ok, full disclosure here :) ) It looks like i have to learn how to smoke all over again  :-[

Hey Pete, even if you have to learn all over look at it this way. You can sample all the great smoked items you will create in your new smoker and that is a great thing.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

KY Smoke

• Smokin-it #3D Conversion
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2015, 10:00:09 PM »
Most likely would not have went ahead and bought the SI smoker in June, if I wouldn't have found this forum.  It was the game changer!
Smokin-it #3D (Conversion) / Weber Genesis SPE310 / Anova WI-FI / Maverick 733 / iGrill 2
Jeff from Dry Ridge, KY

DivotMaker

« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2015, 11:16:40 PM »
Thanks Jeff!  Glad to have you with us!
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

mini14gb

« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2015, 12:33:36 AM »
I can honestly say that my Smokin' It smoker is THE BEST single food preparation device I have ever bought...PERIOD!! 

grogorat

« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2015, 05:58:41 PM »
This forum did sell me on the quality of this smoker and the loyal user support that the other brands did not offer.
I love the simplicity of the design and the ruggedness of the build; that and the three year warranty.  ;D
Gary from Houston
Smokin-It #2

DivotMaker

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2015, 07:33:38 PM »
Thanks for the comments, guys!
Tony from NW Arkansas

AKTundra

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2015, 03:11:30 AM »
Made up my mind to buy an Electric smoker,  I needed to be able to smoke my own fish instead of trying to swing it at relatives houses.  Unfortunately I always gravitate towards quality which usually means more dinero. After all the research I settled in on either the smoking Tex or the SI.  After I made up my mind that it would be one of these two I called and talked w Steve he answered all my questions and told me about the forum for further details.  I just got this thing (The SI#3) last week and I'm confident I made the right decision. I had kinda already made up my mind about this before I was told about the forum, but the forum sealed the deal.  Although it was a lot of money, less than the competitors, I find myself coming away thinking with the quality of this thing I don't think I paid too much.  You can't say that about a lot of things these days.
As for me and my household we will serve the Lord
and apparently kill process and smoke our own meat; Jayson from Soldotna, AK

grogorat

« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2015, 10:48:11 AM »
Good decision, Jayson.
It's built like a tank and the three year warranty certainly helps.
Gary from Houston
Smokin-It #2

Dockmaster

« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2015, 01:35:15 PM »
Actually, my wife found Smokin-it.  We had been talking about an upgrade and had looked at several stores - various brands.  We came upon one that was interesting with a digital temp display.  When we learned it had a 90 day warranty, we gave up and went home.  My wife was surfing the web and came across a forum where some one asked if anybody knew about SI.  From there she found the SI website and this forum.  We read a fair bit and it sold us.  In fact, we ordered our #2 & cart and a second set for our son!!  The forum is a wealth of knowledge and advice.  I learn stuff on every visit.  But, yes, the forum cinched the deal!  Thanks a lot.
Steve, Jacksonville, Florida -- SI #2; Started smoking in 1982 on a Weber kettle grill; then a Masterbuilt charcoal bullet; then a Masterbuilt propane fired bullet. Retired Navy Submariner; Retired Dockmaster.

DivotMaker

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2015, 02:37:21 PM »
Great to hear, Steve!  Thanks for the comment!
Tony from NW Arkansas

Hulk

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2016, 08:49:40 PM »
I researched for months and kept coming back to Smokin-it. I can say without the forum I would probably still be struggling. Thanks to the advice and vast amount of information I'm producing Q that rivals any out there.
Smokin-it #2
Weber Genesis Series Special Addition
Plenty of campfires
Northeast United States