Author Topic: Help!  (Read 10491 times)

UWFSAE

• Smoker, Griller, & International Man of Mystery
Re: Help!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 11:20:02 PM »
My home brewing experiences are sadly limited to a buddy who had a air conditioned workshop, a couple of buckets and some 5 gallon glass jugs, and lots and lots of yeast.   ;D

My theory is that, just like electric smokers "idiot proof" things for the beginner, electric brewing must help reduce the learning curve tremendously.  I don't know much about the wiring for the control box but everything else is just like playing with VERY adult Legos ... I'm a believer that you can never have too many hobbies (so long as I'm still single).

The guy who runs that site and sells the boxes and plans is a great guy and there are a lot of craft breweries using that stuff (just in larger volume, obviously).  Besides ... I can make the beer that I use to add to my sauces or boil my brats!
Joe from Houston, TX
Proud owner of a Smokin-It #3!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 08:25:37 PM »
... I'm a believer that you can never have too many hobbies (so long as I'm still single).

Ahhh!  Things just became very clear!   ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

UWFSAE

• Smoker, Griller, & International Man of Mystery
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 11:54:03 PM »
Sadly,  being a college debate coach who is damn near addicted to golf, barbecue, offshore fishing, and the occasional single malt scotch plays havoc on a good woman's patience ...
Joe from Houston, TX
Proud owner of a Smokin-It #3!

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 03:41:53 PM »
Getting back to the ham question, I did some prowling around the web and it seems that those who smoke an already cooked/cured/smoked ham do so with a spiral sliced ham.  Seems that it sort of lays itself open during the process.  No report on whether it dries the ham out or not.

Now back to the beer brewing.  Electric brewing?
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus