Author Topic: Meat injector system?  (Read 2850 times)

Jonhey

Meat injector system?
« on: April 13, 2020, 08:04:03 AM »
Hi guys!
I've watched the video about the meat injector system - Chops Power Injector Review - and now thinking about buying one. Does anyone use this? Which brand? Chops power seems commercial a bit but I think it will be useful at home too. This guy from the video makes everything easy and fast. I want to know how it works in real life. I don't know where to find a good brand because the articles like this one https://grillguru.org/best-meat-injector/ offer only Chops Power (namely, injector system, the others are injectors with a single needle).
All reviews and opinions are appreciated! Thanks in advance. 
John from the UK
"Not all those who wander are lost."

barelfly

Re: Meat injector system?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 09:43:41 AM »
That’s an interesting setup. But, I don’t have any advice on injecting. I have never injected meat, I just go with a dry brine, rub and smoke.

I think there are some here that inject, but I think with the single needle from what I remember reading about.

Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 02:24:14 PM »
I use a single needle syringe baster when I need to add moisture such as to a very lean brisket flat on a whole packer.  Nothing fancy. I thing a larding needle would be as effective or more so since the rat would slowly melt as the meat heats up.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 11:15:03 AM »
I actually have a pretty nice injector, but have not used it a single time. I have been meaning to, but just haven't tried it yet.

I typically brine 95% of my butts and briskets and as a result, don't really need to inject. The one time that I didn't brine a butt because I did not have enough time, I was disappointed. So, the next time I am short on time, I will definitely inject instead of just throwing it in without brining or injecting.

I haven't done any experiments, but from what I have seen, brining and injecting achieve close to the same results and doing both can only make things better, I would assume. Too many experiments and too little time. :)
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Isabel Fernandez

• A Beloved Wife with A Culinary Degree
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 06:27:59 AM »
I used the chop’s power injector system. It makes food prep faster. It also makes food better. If you ever use the tool, you will never go back to injecting your meat with a single syringe. However, at present, I am using grill beast meat injector. Why I switched to this meat injector is it is capable of penetrating deep into the meat. I fall in love with the injector’s attractive design along with excellent controlling capability. I purchased the product from this site after reading an impartial review of the product. This site has also many other high-quality products. I expect that you read through all of these products and pick a product for you.
Thank you

Lonzinomaker

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 10:27:14 AM »
I have a single needle injector, used it only once on a turkey.  Like NDKoze and Old Sarge, I brine pretty much everything I smoke except cheese.
I would take that site's recommendations with a grain or two of salt.  Their electric smoker recommendations didn't include a single Cookshack, Smokin Tex or Smokin-It smoker.  I couldn't get a good rack of ribs with a MES 30.  Then I got my Smokin-It and think it is a better style of electric smoker than MES.
Dave
Smokin-It #3 main smoker.
1400 Smokin Tex (same size as #2) for Snowbird time.
Smokin-It #1 for camping trips.
Big Chief with mailbox mod for cheese smoking
Blackstone 22in griddle with Bakerstone pizza oven
Spokane, WA