Author Topic: Temp  (Read 10340 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Temp
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 10:25:12 PM »
Good point, Joe.  We certainly don't diverge on that!  The best part of this hobby is the exploration of new tastes, techniques, flavors, woods, etc.; all the parts of preparation and technique that make the end result good. 

That being said, I think the point Smoke and I are making is that you can spend as much time analyzing the things I mentioned, but don't have to over-analyze the vehicle in which those culinary masterpieces come together!  The consistency of the smokers allows us to explore our tastes and techniques, without being limited by having to babysit a high-maintenance smoker while we let loose our creativity!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

smokeasaurus

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 08:28:10 AM »
Some of us have swung over from stick-burners. We are tired of stoking the fire all night. Tired of pre-heating wood so it wont smolder and oversmoke. Tired of the constant tweaking of dampers.  Just plain tuckered out. It is nice to set it and forget it. The nice thing about the Smokin-It, is you can keep it simple or you can get a bit more intricate with the cook.....and still have some great chow for supper..... :)

If you have the time and desire for a more involved cook, that is nice. Some days ya got chores and you still want a slo smoked meal and the Smokin-It will let you have one.......try running errands or doing a project with a off-set fired up..... :o

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 08:30:32 PM »
Amen, Smoke!  Also, try cold smokin' some cheese or salmon on that stick burner! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!