Author Topic: Ordered another #3  (Read 7405 times)

smokeasaurus

Ordered another #3
« on: June 24, 2013, 08:21:28 PM »
Howdy. I just ordered a #3. I like the double latch and the longer extension cord. I have had a #3 for over a year now and it has never let me down.

I am a global moderator on another forum and I would like to share my out of box review when I first received it. Most people couldn't believe how nice it was and I told em if you want Cookshack quality at a very fair price...get yourself a Smokin-it.

http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=572.0

To the moderators, I apologize for the link to another forum, but I would like everyone to see the older style #3 and the improvements that have been made.

UWFSAE

• Smoker, Griller, & International Man of Mystery
Re: Ordered another #3
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 08:28:10 PM »
Two #3's???  That's an embarrassment of riches.  :)
Joe from Houston, TX
Proud owner of a Smokin-It #3!

smokeasaurus

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 08:29:56 PM »
My first one is being sold to a neighbor along with a 18.5 Weber I don't use anymore.....worked out good.

ultrafirebike

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 11:22:20 PM »
My first one is being sold to a neighbor along with a 18.5 Weber I don't use anymore.....worked out good.
So which feature convinced you to buy a new one and sell the old one....the 2 latches?
Ultrafirebike
I will ride anywhere to try BBQ
North America is my local Riding area

smokeasaurus

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 08:20:57 AM »
With the larger door, the two latches are a great idea. The longer cord will be a big help and I can get rid of the extension cord.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 09:31:39 PM »
Two #3's???  That's an embarrassment of riches.  :)

...Like the neighbor who isn't satisfied with just "one" Porsche!  Some of us are in awe!  lol  I checked out the link, and can see the difference in the door.  Good move, Smoke!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:35:56 PM by DivotMaker »
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Rob Babcock

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 11:25:38 PM »
Cool!  I bought mine late last year, and I didn't know the old one only had one latch.  Still loving mine!

smokeasaurus

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 08:28:26 AM »
My new #3 with the double door latches is a big improvement over the single latch system. Not one wisp of smoke leaks out of it.......nice.....

DivotMaker

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 07:45:47 PM »
My new #3 with the double door latches is a big improvement over the single latch system. Not one wisp of smoke leaks out of it.......nice.....

Just curious...any other differences besides the 2 latches?
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

smokeasaurus

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 08:23:51 AM »
The logo around the temperaure knob has been re-done and is in color. I just wish they could get the Smokin-it logo etched a little deeper in the front door so it can be seen better....other than that, it is exactly the same....hey, if it aint broke, don't fix it.. ;D

DivotMaker

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 07:27:59 PM »
The logo around the temperaure knob has been re-done and is in color. I just wish they could get the Smokin-it logo etched a little deeper in the front door so it can be seen better....other than that, it is exactly the same....hey, if it aint broke, don't fix it.. ;D

...just latch it tighter! 
Tony from NW Arkansas

smokeasaurus

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 08:22:34 AM »
 ;D