Author Topic: Hi from Singapore  (Read 2642 times)

xrisis

Hi from Singapore
« on: November 03, 2016, 01:44:48 AM »
Woah~
It wasn't really my intention on anything BBQ while I stumbled across this forum, I got brought to here from .. Anova o.o. And shamelessly.....discount codes, haha.

However, after a bit of exploring, it does spark interests after reading a few posts around. I have always been in love with BBQ (nothing as woah as I've seen in this forum tho o.o), but Singapore being a really smallllllll place when it comes to home, I have been looking around to explore more on how it can be done.

This is definitely one of the nicest stumbled-across that could have happened.  ::) Looking forward to reading more of the posts~

And lastly, of course, this is Jing here. :D
Jing from Singapore!

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Hi from Singapore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 01:13:41 PM »
Welcome Jing from SE Arizona. You have come to the right place for the best forum and of course the best line of electric smokers.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 01:39:57 PM by old sarge »
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

drains

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 07:41:00 PM »
Welcome from Texas Jing! We're glad you're here.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 07:56:43 PM »
Welcome, again, Jing!!  It's exciting that we are showing up in searches for things like the Anova!!  You've stumbled on one of the most active (if not the most-active manufacturer BBQ forums) in the world.  We show up in a lot of BBQ searches, and it's really cool how you found us!

If you can figure out how to get a Smokin-It smoker to Singapore, you will enjoy the easiest, best BBQ you've ever had!  You might email Steve (smokin.it.info@gmail.com), should you be interested in getting one.

Hang out with us when you can!  I'd love to hear about BBQ offerings in Singapore!!

Very cool to have you with us! 8)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 09:40:43 PM »
Welcome from Wisconsin USA Jing! I think many of us stumbled across the SI and the forum, although we were probably searching for electric smokers. ;D Good luck on finding a good price on the Anova. I love mine. I would recommend the WiFi version over the Bluetooth version. Spend much time here and you might end up with a smoker too! Rest assured that you have found the highest quality, at a great price compared to the competition. The shipping would be pricey for you though.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

xrisis

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 11:29:01 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!
I am starting to think that this is gonna be bad for my pocket :-X

This weekend is gonna be about reading the forum, and possibly sounding my mister out. Haha! I already have 3 portable BBQ pits at home, but they are really basic stuffs. And I hope no one judges me for having a Lotus Grill...a total opposite of what you guys do here. ._.~

So much things to learn here, really excited about it!

[Edit] Woahhhh, I can't even describe how envy I am right now looking at all the outdoor BBQ setups from some of the posts! [/Edit]
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 12:07:47 AM by xrisis »
Jing from Singapore!

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 04:50:05 PM »
Jing - Getting a Smokin-it electric smoker is more than just another purchase. It is a long term investment in quality and reliability as well as the best Q you will ever taste.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Moscowbni

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 12:43:04 PM »
Once you get the bug big time like I did, I can forward you a company that can ship to you.  I used them to ship my 2d to Kuwait.  They used DHL freight, but also handled all the customs, and paperwork.  Was true door to door service.  But also costs a bundle.

Welcome.
Stephen.  First time smoker owner, but now getting the hang of it.  Transplanted from the USA to Kuwait.  2d, Weber Genesis Gas Grill, enjoying learning how to make new stuff.

TexasSMK

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 09:21:27 PM »
Welcome from Maryland Jing
Dale from NE Texas--USMC Retired--Living in Havre de Grace, Maryland.  SE#2 with Auber