Author Topic: SUPER BOWL!!! Whatcha Cookin'???  (Read 11028 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: SUPER BOWL!!! Whatcha Cookin'???
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2016, 08:10:49 PM »
Pork tenderloins.  I'm chastising myself for not taking pics, but I made a rookie mistake, and was under the gun!  I usually smoke tenderloins as a "single" (there are 2 in a pack).  I tie them in string to make them come out round, and they take about an hour.  For unknown reasons, yesterday, I decided to tie the 2 halves together (4 total, so 2 big ones), and had it in my mind it would still take an hour!  Wow....duh!  So, after 2 hours (sitting at 141), I still had to finish on the grill to speed the finish!  The game was already on, and it was hustle time!  Family whining, Cam Newton whining (oops...maybe I dreamed that part, at this point in the game, at least).  We were halfway through the meal before I even thought about pics! :o I've given myself 2 demerits, and told myself to "drop and give me 50!" (OK, I also gave myself a suspended sentence on the 50 push-ups).  Won't happen again! ;D

Y'alls pics look great, though! 8)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Texan in Tulsa

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2016, 02:50:50 PM »
Tony..........all is forgiven. Smoked tenderloin does sound good. Will have to add that to my to-do list.
Andy - Broken Arrow, OK

RG

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2016, 04:57:23 PM »
I've been impressed by the meals you've all created,  we've got some talented people here!
Jason from Conyers GA