Author Topic: smokinlicious wood  (Read 2060 times)

pappabear

smokinlicious wood
« on: January 28, 2019, 09:05:01 PM »
I'm a first time smoker and sent smokinlicous a email and PM on face book without a reply. Anybody tell me how big the 3 sizes of boxes are and maybe weight of each..1/4 cubic foot, 2/3 cubic foot, and 1 cubic foot. TIA
Gary
Acme Pa
USAF Vet
Retired coal miner

BonaireBBQ

Re: smokinlicious wood
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 09:40:25 PM »
I did the 1 ft3 with 3 different woods very happy. But I use a lot of Hickory and need to order a 1 ft3 just of Hickory. I smoke 3 to 4 times a week using 7 to 8 oz for Butts and Brisket and a mix of Hickory and Cherry 3 oz for chicken and 4oz for ribs. I use a mix of Hickory and Maple for cold and hot smoked bacon.
Walt in Bonaire

BonaireBBQ

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 09:50:25 PM »
Sorry I forgot I have mesquite on property which I age 8 months and use with Hickory for Jerky. Sometimes also a bit with Brisket and Pulled pork. But I grew up with Hickory on everything. Just branching out a bit - experimenting.
Walt in Bonaire

ken h

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 09:52:15 AM »
I'm a first time smoker and sent smokinlicous a email and PM on face book without a reply. Anybody tell me how big the 3 sizes of boxes are and maybe weight of each..1/4 cubic foot, 2/3 cubic foot, and 1 cubic foot. TIA
Im a first timer also.  I ordered a 1/4 c.f. box of double filets.  It measures 7" H x 7" D x 12" W.  Don't know about the total weight.  Unless you're going to be doing a whole bunch of smoking I think the 1/4 c.f. box will last a while since you use the wood by the ounce.  I just completed the 3rd cook with my SI 3.5D but was the first time to use the Smokinlicous wood.  In my circumstance I do believe the SL wood made a difference in the flavor as opposed to the big box store chunks of wood I used in my previous cooks.  YMMV. 
Ken H