Author Topic: Smokin-it in Washington  (Read 3425 times)

Bigumdaddyo

Smokin-it in Washington
« on: June 23, 2013, 07:47:02 PM »
I ordered my Model# 3 on Friday. From what I have read on this forum I expect (really hope) to be seasoning my new smoker by next Friday! I have been using a Char-Griller Smoker Pro side-box charcoal/wood  smoker for the last several years. Had a lot successes with it, but not the consistency we all strive for. I must also admit that I just do not find baby-sitting the Chr-Griller for 6 to 12 hours enjoyable anymore. There will always be a place for my Char-Griller for hamburgers, steaks, Salmon, etc., but when it comes to smoking ribs, pork butt and brisket the Smokin-it is my choice.  I researched electric smokers, (read the reviews, watched videos, read different  forums, check them out in the stores), compared the features and came to the conclusion that the Smokin-it smoker is everything a great smoker should be (and then some). I am happy to be a member of the Smokin-it family and look forward to many years of great Smokin-it with ya.
Larry from WA
Smokin-it #3
Char-griller stick burner

UWFSAE

• Smoker, Griller, & International Man of Mystery
Re: Smokin-it in Washington
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 11:43:53 AM »
The #3 is a solid choice, no doubt.  I used to do quite a bit with a traditional stick burner but baby-sitting a live fire is time consuming and too dependent on environmental variables ... with the Smokin-It you'll be able to produce consistent results year round.  Best of luck!
Joe from Houston, TX
Proud owner of a Smokin-It #3!

afratki

• Owner: Smokin-It #1
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 04:13:41 PM »
Welcome! I think you made a geat choice, I love my #1.

I'll be curious on your take on the Smokin-It after you get a few smokes under belt. Being new to smoking and my #1 my first smoker, I'm always interested in an experienced smoker perspective on the brand.
Andrew from Maryland

Let's Smoke!

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 12:09:55 PM »
Welcome and happy smoking!
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 05:36:53 PM »
Welcome!  I have a #2 and could not be happier.   Babysitting will not be in your future; you can literally set it and forget it!  I did a boston butt last week, and enjoyed a good hour on the driving range at the same time!
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 08:37:29 PM »
Welcome!  I have a #2 and could not be happier.   Babysitting will not be in your future; you can literally set it and forget it!  I did a boston butt last week, and enjoyed a good hour on the driving range at the same time!

See, everyone?  SW definitely knows how to use his time wisely while NOT babysitting!  Way to go!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Smoke Monkey

• Porkchops and bacon, my two favorite animals.
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 09:51:47 AM »
Welcome Bigumdaddyo,

I have a model #2. These are great smokers and a great community of folks on this forum. Smokin-it also has great customer service. Enjoy your model #3 and post pics of your first smoke.
Steve from Albany, NY
Proud owner of a 2013 Model #2 and a
Weber Genesis for grillin' and rotisserie