Author Topic: Sac-Town Checking In!  (Read 3016 times)

psoltesz

• Model #1 Owner
Sac-Town Checking In!
« on: June 05, 2013, 01:31:24 AM »
Hey everyone,

I've been on the forums for a while now, but I thought I would use this thread to formally introduce myself.  I live with my wife and five (yes, five) kids in a suburb of Sacramento, CA.  I've been using my Model #1 like crazy since I got it, and have learned a lot about times, techniques, and recipes on this forum.

My favorite things to smoke are brisket, pork shoulder (pulled), and baby back ribs, but I have also done smoked almonds, smoked cheese (cold plate works great), chicken, meatloaf, even tried macaroni and cheese once!  I'm always looking for new foods to smoke and new methods/twists for the classics.

Thanks,

- Phil

I'm your huckleberry...

UWFSAE

• Smoker, Griller, & International Man of Mystery
Re: Sac-Town Checking In!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 12:24:34 PM »
Good lord man!  You should have sprung for the #3 with a family that large!   ;D

Sounds like you're hitting for the cycle on all the things you've cooked in the smoker; give a Bacon Explosion and definitely the many preps of game fowl a try .. these machines have tremendous versatility.  I'm making my first attempt at duck pastrami this weekend so I understand your desire for new things to try.
Joe from Houston, TX
Proud owner of a Smokin-It #3!

afratki

• Owner: Smokin-It #1
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 03:23:20 PM »
Welcome aboard!

I have a #1 also although my three kids have moved out so it's just the wife and I for now.

I also purchased the cold plate (at my wife's request) but haven't had a chance to use it.
Andrew from Maryland

Let's Smoke!

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 06:01:51 PM »
Welcome. Glad to see another smoker sign in and speak out.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

psoltesz

• Model #1 Owner
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 06:12:47 PM »
Good lord man!  You should have sprung for the #3 with a family that large!   ;D

The #1 was actually a gift from my wife, who knew how much I wanted a smokin-it smoker, but may have overestimated its capacity.  Still, we manage pretty well.

I wonder if Steve has an upgrade program for loyal customers (who have convinced at least three more people to also buy smokers from Smokin-it).  ;-)

- Phil
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 06:14:54 PM by psoltesz »
I'm your huckleberry...