Author Topic: Maverick Et-735  (Read 13539 times)

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
Re: Maverick Et-735
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2015, 06:10:53 PM »
This reminds me of the quote, slightly mis-quoted, that all I want is my land and that abuts(?) it!   ;D

Start where you are, as I did two years ago, and build on what is necessary to get great Q, and I think you will find that you don't need more gadgets, you already have the perfection!  We need a way to measure IT of our meat, but if it works, no need to fix it.  If the door bell is still ringing, they like your Q!  Sit back, relax, enjoy the comps, and think about that next smoke!  Cheers
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 06:28:39 PM »
This reminds me of the quote, slightly mis-quoted, that all I want is my land and that abuts(?) it!   ;D

Start where you are, as I did two years ago, and build on what is necessary to get great Q, and I think you will find that you don't need more gadgets, you already have the perfection!  We need a way to measure IT of our meat, but if it works, no need to fix it.  If the door bell is still ringing, they like your Q!  Sit back, relax, enjoy the comps, and think about that next smoke!  Cheers

My wife said about the same thing, the more features you add the more chance something will break.

But being a tech guy, I still love my toys.

Oh well back two steps forward one :)

Greg

Lionhawk

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2015, 12:33:46 PM »
I picked this up a week or so ago.  Its my first therm and the only one i have ever used so i really don't have a baseline to compare it to. I am using the iPhone 6.

Right out of box it was very easy to pair with the redi-check app.  I put in the batteries and turned it on an it showed up in the "available devices" in the app.  i selected it an off i went.  I attached the probes and heated up the probes a bit.  Did this so i could see if the app tracked closely with the home device as the temp normalized (room temp). No issues, there was virtually no delay.  I then decided to walk out of the house and see if it dropped signal.  No drops at all up to 100 ft and through walls.  Easily changes between probes on the phone as well.  I used it once so far and had no issues with some chickens.  Again i have nothing to compare it to but i also have had zero issues with it.  I am very happy with it and would definitely recommend.
Jason from Iowa.
SI#2

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2015, 12:36:09 PM »
I picked this up a week or so ago.  Its my first therm and the only one i have ever used so i really don't have a baseline to compare it to. I am using the iPhone 6.

Right out of box it was very easy to pair with the redi-check app.  I put in the batteries and turned it on an it showed up in the "available devices" in the app.  i selected it an off i went.  I attached the probes and heated up the probes a bit.  Did this so i could see if the app tracked closely with the home device as the temp normalized (room temp). No issues, there was virtually no delay.  I then decided to walk out of the house and see if it dropped signal.  No drops at all up to 100 ft and through walls.  Easily changes between probes on the phone as well.  I used it once so far and had no issues with some chickens.  Again i have nothing to compare it to but i also have had zero issues with it.  I am very happy with it and would definitely recommend.

I am glad this worked for you, maybe just the Android app has issues!

Greg