Author Topic: Seasoning up the NEW #2  (Read 3067 times)

PadronMan

Seasoning up the NEW #2
« on: November 10, 2013, 08:58:54 PM »
Got my new #2 and just now have a chance to season it up.  Got 4 pieces of the dowel in the wood box and temp set to 250F.  Gonna let it run for four hours......then I need to get a break from work and such to get my first smoke done in the new toy. 

Thanks to all the Smokin-It peeps.....I look forward to being a part of the group and sharing some pics and things with you!!!

PadronMan
(Scott)

PadronMan

Re: Seasoning up the NEW #2
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 09:27:13 PM »
Another quick question.  This little baby started smoking QUICK!!!!  My question is this.....I have some smoke coming out of the right front corner of the door area. It's sealed tight......is this normal? Please tell me it is.

PadronMan

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 09:36:33 PM »
Welcome!  Yes, this is normal...as you continue using the unit, the smoke coming from around the door will diminish...just part of the seasoning process!  Enjoy.
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

PadronMan

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 09:39:26 PM »
Welcome!  Yes, this is normal...as you continue using the unit, the smoke coming from around the door will diminish...just part of the seasoning process!  Enjoy.

Whew!!!!  Thanks swthorpe. Makes me feel lots better.  Figured it was normal.  From off to smoke in under 15 minutes......backyard smells DAMN good!!!   ;D

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 07:47:21 PM »
Nothing like the sweet smell of success during seasoning!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

benjammn

• Just smoke it!
    • Kale's Collision
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 12:41:47 AM »
I thought the same thing when I first fired up my smoker but soon saw that very little smoke comes out of the "other" areas anymore.
Ben in Chandler, AZ
Proud owner of #2