Author Topic: Greetings from Las Vegas  (Read 2780 times)

BryceLindsay

Greetings from Las Vegas
« on: April 08, 2013, 11:45:39 AM »
  Hey there. My name is Bryce, been interesting in smoking for years. About a year ago I decided I was finally going to bit the bullet and purchase a smoker, but could never decide which one I wanted. I spend dozens of hours on Amazon and smoking websites reading all sorts of reviews. I knew I wanted an electric smoker since I work and don't have time to add wood every hour or two, but most of the electric smokers I saw reviewed had numerous negative reviews for the money I wanted to shell out.

I don't remember exactly how I came across the Smokin-It smokers, but every review I read was a positive one. Thanks to some family members around Christmas time, I was able to get enough money to purchase the Model #1, and I love it.

Since then I've been smoking at least once a week. It is my first smoker, but my family has quickly fallen in love with the smoked meats. I've done pulled pork, tri-tip, ribs, and even a nice smoked ham. I recently picked up the James jerky dryer and am using it for the first time today to make some jerky.

I look forward to learning from all of you experts.

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Greetings from Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:03:47 PM »
Welcome aboard Bryce!
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

cohiba

Re: Greetings from Las Vegas
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 12:30:09 PM »
Welcome Bryce!!

Las Vegas...my 2nd home for now, then when myself and my wife retire...watchout!!!