Author Topic: The Second Run  (Read 2717 times)

gmbrown

• Owner of a #3
The Second Run
« on: July 28, 2014, 06:15:55 PM »
I decided that last weekend's run was going to be Boston butt for pulled pork. but based on a lot of factors, I ended up needing most of Saturday for them to brine, so I decided to do some fresh Polish sausage from a local grocery-store chain (Hiller's, for those of you in the Detroit area--they have excellent meat). About a 2ish-ounce chunk of Steve's sample hickory went in with six of the sausages for about 2.5 hours. Came out tasting great. And a nice "kielbasa-like" color.

Having remembered the gentle correction I got after my last post, I belatedly remembered to snap a picture of a couple of them.   :D
Geoff from Michigan, exiled to Ohio

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: The Second Run
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 07:05:01 PM »
Nice!  A "two-fer" weekend!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

restorick2378

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 02:18:50 PM »
I decided that last weekend's run was going to be Boston butt for pulled pork. but based on a lot of factors, I ended up needing most of Saturday for them to brine, so I decided to do some fresh Polish sausage from a local grocery-store chain (Hiller's, for those of you in the Detroit area--they have excellent meat). About a 2ish-ounce chunk of Steve's sample hickory went in with six of the sausages for about 2.5 hours. Came out tasting great. And a nice "kielbasa-like" color.

Having remembered the gentle correction I got after my last post, I belatedly remembered to snap a picture of a couple of them.   :D

Looks good Geoff!  Did you just lay the sausages on a grate or use some sort of hook?

Rick
Rick from Wisconsin
#3 with Auber PID - Lazy-Q heaven on earth!

gmbrown

• Owner of a #3
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 11:29:11 AM »

Looks good Geoff!  Did you just lay the sausages on a grate or use some sort of hook?

Rick

Just laid them on the grate. I guess I've heard of people use the hooks when they have a bunch of links connected together, or when they're doing a whole ton of sausage. I only did six of them, though, and they all fit on one grate in the #3.
Geoff from Michigan, exiled to Ohio

tbcop-is-smokin

• Proud Owner of Smokin-it #3
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 12:00:10 PM »
They look awesome...Polish Sausage is on my list to smoke...
I'm trying to learn everything I can about this smoking thing...
Tony
Good Smokes comes from Happy Trees...
Protect Our Forest...
Vietnam Vet
Tony from Virginia...