Author Topic: T-minus 4 hours  (Read 7319 times)

restorick2378

Re: T-minus 4 hours
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 08:13:15 AM »
Thanks for the post, it definately was a successful smoke. Serving that sliced meat must have been quite the presentation and must have tasted great.

Although I have heard many people complaint that pork is not good for you, but personally it is one off my favourite tasting meats.

Thanks Tony.  I'm really looking forward to getting some tips from my brother.  He pulls pork and smokes other meats in Barbados for the weekly farmers market, and he has a great touch for bacon.  I'm giving him the bullet to work and I'll try the same thing in the #3.  Should be an interesting contest!

Rick
Rick from Wisconsin
#3 with Auber PID - Lazy-Q heaven on earth!

restorick2378

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 08:14:45 AM »
Rick
Nice work. Looks great. I am a big fan of pork. Ribs, butt, bacon.....

I am jealous on vacation with no smoker, lots of seafood. Getting me to think what i could do with shrimp or scallops.

At least saturday will be rib day.

Thanks Ed.  With my brother in town for 12 days, I'm sure my #3 will get quite the workout.  I'm planning the menu now and deodorizing a few pickle pails for brining!

Rick
Rick from Wisconsin
#3 with Auber PID - Lazy-Q heaven on earth!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 07:26:35 PM »
Hehe...knew it!  It makes the prettiest "faux" smoke ring, and has the same effect - looks!  Funny how some (like Meathead at amazingribs.com) get caught up in that little pink ring, but I guess I do, too, on some level.  It sure looks good when it's sliced! ;)

It sure does!  I didn't know that pink salt in the brine would do that, but now that I'm equipped with that nugget of knowledge, I'll be sure to use it in every brine solution!   8)

It does - it's the nitrates that make the pink color in the meat.  Just remember that a little goes a LONG way!  Also, you want to be careful about additional salt amounts, as #1 Instacure is 97% salt.  Cool how it works, though!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!