Author Topic: Chicken thighs  (Read 2077 times)

TheLocNar

Chicken thighs
« on: December 20, 2015, 07:48:41 PM »
Way better the second (or was this the third? lol) time around.

Scored the skin, rubbed generously with oil/famous dave's roasted chicken rub. And I mean rubbed in real good. Let them chill in the fridge for an hour.

Set the #2 to 250 with cherry and sugar maple. Had a combustion poof which took me off guard as I was checking the thermometer. lol

Pulled them at 158 (no method to my madness) and finished them on the gas grill. Kept the skin on for protection. Sauced them with sweet baby Ray's chipotle. Tossed skin in trash before playing. Plenty of sauce was still left.

Came out perfect! The cherry/sugar maple smoke was excellent. No pics. Everything was devoured. Next time!
PBC
SI #2
Chicagoish

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: Chicken thighs
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 08:01:48 PM »
Had a combustion poof which took me off guard as I was checking the thermometer. lol
LOL Once you've witnessed the combustion "poof", you will keep your face from being directly above the hole! :o
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

TheLocNar

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 08:42:02 PM »
lol learned my lesson from something totally unrelated years ago. Think smoke machine at a local band show. Oops!!!!
PBC
SI #2
Chicagoish

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 08:46:10 PM »
lol learned my lesson from something totally unrelated years ago. Think smoke machine at a local band show. Oops!!!!
Probably lost some hearing at local clubs, but never put out an eye over the smoke machine, thankfully!
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide