Author Topic: Finally did the Bypass Mod for Auber  (Read 7987 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Finally did the Bypass Mod for Auber
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2015, 12:10:43 PM »
Hey guys received the Auber sensor for the #3 in the mail and it was the correct one sort of. As has a very sharp point on the end rather than a blunt end. I may grind the point down a bit. Also Tony I know on the #1 to install the sensor just an inch down from the top of the smoker. Would this be the same on the #3 as well or maybe 1 1/2 inches from the top of the smoker. Also going to move the switch from the back of the unit to the top of the #3. Going to place it by the light which will be on the left side if you are standing in front of the smoker. I should have plenty of wire from when Rick did the bypass and added the switch. Will know more when inside.

Bill - I wouldn't grind on that probe; pretty sure it will change its characteristics, and you may even get into the bulb/capillary sensor inside!  It's pointed, but it's not a big deal.  On the 3, 1 - 1.5" from the top is fine.  It doesn't really matter, you just want it high enough so it doesn't get in the way.  Not near the problem on the 3 as other models, due to depth.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!