Author Topic: 3D just set a temp and go and cancel  (Read 1788 times)

Milan

3D just set a temp and go and cancel
« on: August 12, 2016, 08:08:02 PM »
Got the PID on my 3D. how do i just set it to 225 and let it go? Do I have to go through all the program levels C-1 through C-6?

Also, once I get into a program like B1 for a brisket, how do I cancel out of that program. I've tried turning it off and then back on, but it just goes right back to the program. Sometimes I can't even hit SET and hold for 2 sec to recall a recipe unless i power it off for a couple min.

TIA

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: 3D just set a temp and go and cancel
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 07:15:34 PM »
I do not use the programs. I set the cook temp then 0 for the rest. If cooking to an internal temp then the CT and IT are set and 0 for the remainder of the steps. I always have the manual handy. At time I have powered off and started over. It gets easier each time.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: 3D just set a temp and go and cancel
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 07:41:15 PM »
Milan, I'm attaching the Auber manual for the 1500GPH, which works identical to your controller.  Dave is right, though; the easiest way is to set the program - just takes about 15 seconds to run through the 6 programs.

If you want to bypass the programming, and put it in single-temp mode, see the other attachment. 

The programming is easy, once you understand the 3 parts of each of the 6 "steps."

1.  C01 - C06:  What box temp?

2.  E01 - E06:  What trigger?  Time (t) or internal meat temp (F)?

3.  F01 - F06 (for meat temp) or displayed as t01 - t06 (for time):  Desired result?  In other words, how much time, or what meat temp?

So, you always set box temp, trigger and desired result of each step.  If you only use one, say for brisket, it would look like this:

C01  225     E01  F      F01  195
C02  0         E02  t      t02   0.00
(repeat zeros for C03-C06)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!