Poll

Did you visit the forum before making your purchase, and what impact did it have?

Yes.  Briefly visiited, but didn't stay long.
No.  I never visited the forum before purchasing.
I visited the forum after I made the decision to buy
Information on the forum directly influenced my decision to buy
I visited the forum before purchase, but it had no influence on my decision to buy
I didn't know about the forum prior to purchasing.

Author Topic: What influence did the Smokin-It forum have in your buying decision?  (Read 90391 times)

lcdearman

Re: What influence did the Smokin-It forum have in your buying decision?
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2020, 09:39:49 PM »
I think this forum is incredibly helpful for anyone doing any research before they buy. I actually found out about SI smokers when I was researching another brand. I saw a comment about how well SI smokers were made and another poster said that it really wasn’t fair to compare SI and other brands due to the price difference. That led me to to look into SI, and I found this forum. I probably spent 8 hours reading post after post, and that changed my mind about my purchase.

Most reviews/forum discussions of other brands talk about the failures. There are not many failure discussions on here. The discussions are from people who have been happily using their smokers for years. The sense of community and support here is amazing.
Clay from Taylor, TX
SI #2 with Auber AW-ST1510H-W
Weber Spirit II
Orion Cooker

OldeSmoker

« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2020, 07:57:50 PM »
I just happened to surf across Smokin-It while looking at another brand as well. CS was very familiar to me after using it in a commercial establishment over 30 years ago. I had also learned of ST while searching for electric smokers. When I came across SI I became very interested after seeing and comparing their equipment to the others. While looking through every page on the SI website I came across the link to the forum. I read through many posts and it became very clear as to which electric smoker I should buy. I’m very happy with the choice I made.
Paul from Southwest Missouri
*Smokin-It 3D-WiFi
with Bella’s CSG and The Stephanie Cabinet
*Members Mark SS 6 Burner Gas Grill with Sear Burner, Side Burner & Rotisserie
*River Grills Wood Fired Grill and Fire Pit
W/ Rotisserie and Dutch Oven Hanger

Emma Jake

« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2022, 01:42:05 PM »
Amazon ratings have bought me to the best place where I can quench the thirst of my knowledge about smoker

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2022, 01:55:16 PM »
Amazon charges more and charges for shipping. And assembly.  No assembly required except for wheels. So, which model are you buying? Also, I rarely trust amazon ratings.
https://www.amazon.com/Smokin-It-Model-2-Electric-Smoker/dp/B003KKLDX0/ref=sr_1_2?c=ts&keywords=Outdoor+Smokers&qid=1648144358&refinements=p_89%3ASmokin-It&rnid=2528832011&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-2&ts_id=553774
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 02:52:57 PM by old sarge »
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives