Author Topic: Show us what your cooking - Quarantine style!  (Read 21140 times)

barelfly

Re: Show us what your cooking - Quarantine style!
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2020, 02:41:13 PM »
Gregg, do you have cast iron skillets? I make these on a cast iron griddle that I use on my gasser - no mess there as well! I don’t have a flattop like a camp chef and such, but this griddle works very well!

Just in case - so you don’t have that mess inside!!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2020, 11:04:57 AM »
Gregg, do you have cast iron skillets? I make these on a cast iron griddle that I use on my gasser - no mess there as well! I don’t have a flattop like a camp chef and such, but this griddle works very well!

Just in case - so you don’t have that mess inside!!

Yes, i do have a couple of cast iron skillets and that is a great idea. Unfortunately, they are all out at my lake place. They don't do much good out there since I use the flat top out there and don't have much use for them, so I need to remember to bring at least one of them home the next time that I am out there.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

barelfly

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2020, 10:00:05 PM »
I was looking through the freezer this weekend taking stock on what was on hand and to my surprise found a pack of chicken wings that I thought was chicken breasts.

So.......what’s a guy to do when wings Wednesday rolls around!!!!!! Wait....today is weds day right?????

Rubbed with Kosmos hot dirty bird, kettle cooked and tossed in a cholula butter sauce. These were good! Love me some kettle grilled wings!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q

mike1910

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2020, 10:15:29 PM »
Them are some damn fine looking wings!! Sometimes the old kettle is just the best way to go. What a great mid week treat!
Mike from NE Minnesota
SI #3

HawkFan70

« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2020, 05:26:44 PM »
Those wings look great!
Chris from NE Iowa
SI #3

BrianInOhio

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2020, 12:48:58 PM »
Trying spareribs for my first smoke. Hoping they turn out good. The plastic wrap smelled great! 😂

Added outdoor temp to my sheet.
Brian - Columbus, OH
Smoker Newbie
Bourbon drinker
Smokin' It #1

mike1910

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2020, 02:13:17 PM »
Nice! Good luck with the Spares
Mike from NE Minnesota
SI #3

BrianInOhio

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2020, 07:45:41 PM »
Finish product. Neighbor said they were good.
Brian - Columbus, OH
Smoker Newbie
Bourbon drinker
Smokin' It #1

mike1910

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2020, 10:16:25 PM »
Did a couple chickens tonite. Brined and smoked, turned out great. Going to do some chicken salad with the leftovers
Mike from NE Minnesota
SI #3

barelfly

« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2020, 10:02:56 AM »
Brian - excellent first cook! I also did ribs for my first cook. You said the neighbor liked them, how about you? They look great!

Mike - excellent yard bird! Love smoked chicken! Have you ever tried smoked chicken with some Alabama White Sauce? :) And chicken salad with smoked chicken! I bet that is great. I have not done that before, will need to remember that when I smoke some chicken again.

I only cooked on Saturday this weekend, made Beef with Brocoli - used some flank steak I had from a Costco purchase, love getting two of each cut in the package. This was a great dish! Wonderful flavor, I probably should have added some mushrooms to this, that really would have brought out the Umami in the dish!

Also made some Kim Chi on Sunday, getting some ready for some Korean Bulgolgi tacos as well as bibimbap at some point. Made Napa Cabbage style as well as KKakdugi (white radish). I usually make about 6lbs of this but this was what I got in the grocery pickup, so will have to make some more at some point.
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q

mike1910

« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2020, 10:21:40 AM »
Jeremy- I’ve read a little bit about Alabama white sauce and took down a recipe a while ago but have never made it or tried it. Have you had it before and if so any recommendation on a recipe?
Your Kim Chi looks fantastic! I’d sure like to give that a try sometime. I always enjoy seeing what you’re cooking, it’s different than what I’m accustomed to way up north here and it always looks delicious. I may have to expand my horizons and beg you for some recipes to try out! Ha!
Mike from NE Minnesota
SI #3

barelfly

« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2020, 03:12:47 PM »
Thank you for the comments, Mike! That’s the great thing about this site, get new ideas and learn about new types of food. Many of the things I cook I’ve learned about either here or another site I visit.

the Kim Chi is really easy to make - Maangchi.com has a lot of great recipes that are easy to make.

For the Alabama White sauce, I follow what is called Big Bob Gibson’s Bama Birds with White BBQ sauce recipe on Amazingribs.com, it’s wonderful. Tangy punch that goes great with smoked chicken parts.

There are also a few videos you can find on the interwebs. If you like mayo, I think you will enjoy this! Here’s a pic from last time I made this, in December. I made it on one of my kettles at the lake, not the greatest photo because it was dark. But shows a little of what it builds up as.

Hope you enjoy!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q

mike1910

« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2020, 04:30:56 PM »
Jeremy- thanks for the info and sharing your pic. I think that settles it, next time I go chicken I’ll give the Alabama white sauce a shot. Thanks for the other info as well, I’m going to check it all out. Cheers!
Mike from NE Minnesota
SI #3

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2020, 05:38:25 PM »
Hopefully I get these descriptions in the correct order, it has been a long time since I posted some pictures.

"Chicken Spaghetti" The official name is Chicken Rotel
Slaw Burgers
Low Country Boil
Ham & Cheese Log
Breakfast food, Biscuits, Venison Sausage Home Cured Bacon
Steak and Shrimp
Biscuit and Lemon Curd
Club Sandwich
Custard Pie
Brats and Caramelized onions
Swedish Pancakes with blue berries and lemon curd whipped cream

Stay healthy and don't starve

*** After 3 attempts I cant get it in order, you will have t o try and match them up. ***
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 05:44:57 PM by Pork Belly »
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

barelfly

« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2020, 07:32:08 PM »
Outstanding Brian!  Ha! It all looks great, especially that low country boil cook! Thanks for sharing! More ideas to think about over the next week. I just need corn and I can do a boil...This is the second pic ive seen today of a boil, so....gotta go get red potatoes and corn!

Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q