Author Topic: So.....I am officially jealous of my son  (Read 2297 times)

RG

So.....I am officially jealous of my son
« on: June 21, 2016, 05:02:30 PM »
LOTS OF PICTURES - YOU'VE BEEN WARNED :)

In my family, there are a few of us that are Mustang lovers. One of my brothers has had 5 of them, that started me becoming a Mustang fan. I personally have only had 1 but I loved that car! She was a lot of fun to drive. I would take her out for a spin when I got home from work. Drop the top and putt around winding roads listening to that V8 rumble was like therapy! Sometimes I'd stay gone for an hour, come home and eat dinner with a smile on my face.

My son was in middle school when I had it and I used to scare the poop of out of him by downshifting and rocketing off down the road :P He loved it though. I guess something about that car stuck in his crawl. He has recently turned 23 and has just bought a 2016 Mustang GT. He had saved up to buy one and with the money he got from his old one that I sold he had a very nice down payment. I am proud of him for buying this with his OWN money and his OWN credit! He had a 2013 Mustang V6 Performance package that was very nice and paid off. I figured he'd keep it for a while but that dang GT kept calling his name so I sold the V6 for him on Friday and he went and bought the GT Saturday.

I have to say, it IS the nicest car I've ever driven. It has more bells and whistles than you can imagine. It has heated and COOLED leather seats, all kinds of apps, voice recognition to operate temperature, navigation, phone calls, XM radio, EVERYTHING! When you open the doors, a projection of a running horse comes out of the mirrors onto the ground, the door sill lights up with the word "mustang" and the foot pedals illuminate. The screen on the dash displays a running horse as well. It's got so many things it's crazy. It literally is like a spaceship! He has now had 3 Mustangs and this one makes the others look like trash!

Here is the one I had once upon a time. A 1999 35th anniversary GT Convertible

This is my son's first Mustang. Also a 1999 but it was a V6 coupe that was ragged out by the time we got her. He drove it about 8 months until we sold it.

This is his 2013 that he just sold (it was NICE!)

And Lastly...here's the new kid! She's SAWEET!!!

Sorry for all the reading and pictures, I obviously didn't have anything better to do, lol!

Jason from Conyers GA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: So.....I am officially jealous of my son
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 07:15:05 PM »
Wow, nice!  I could never drive something like that..."A man's got to know his limitations" [Dirty Harry Calahan, "Magnum Force"].  I'd get WAY too many tickets!! :o
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Walt

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 11:52:27 PM »
I can appreciate that. Very nice! I've had this one for over 30 years. All original 1968 390 GT. I bet that one has better A/C. This one is hard to drive in the current heat.
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

RG

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 06:35:27 AM »
Oh man! That IS awesome Walt!!! I love the 60's and early 70's Mustangs. They lost me for a bit when they went to the Mustang II though. Mustangs should've NEVER been put on a pinto chassis! Most of the Mustangs that my brother ever had were Fox Bodies with the lone exception of one SUPER ugly '77 that had an anemic 4 cylinder in it and was copperish orange. He bought it dirt cheap to clean up and flip. He actually ended up repainting it (he did paint and autobody at the time), it shined like new money but was ugly as hell still, lol. He started off with an '85 Blue LX 4 cylinder Notchback 5 speed then he traded that in for his first 5.0, a 1986 Black GT Hatchback (as all GTs were) Automatic. While he still had the automatic, he went and bought a used '83 Red/Burgundy GT 5 speed. He sold the '83 and then traded in his '86 for a '90 Ford Ranger 4.0 truck of all things. He lost his job the next day after doing that! He angered the Mustang Gods I guess, lol.

He missed the Mustang so much he ended up ditching the Ranger and got back into another 5.0, this time a 1991 Grey Mustang LX. It was very basic but thing could move! It's what the Georgia State Patrol used for years, little Mustang LX's with 302s. Fast little suckers!

My tale of Stangery involves just the one, the 1999 GT. I had hoped to have another by now but it's not in the cards so I'll live vicariously through my son :P
Jason from Conyers GA

JackT

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 10:13:34 AM »
When your son has a bigger and better outdoor kitchen than you, then you can be really jealous:-)
JackT
Prairie du Rocher, IL
Weber Performer
Weber Smokey Mountain
Custom Rib Grill
Custom Rotisserie Smoker Trailer
SI 3D

RG

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 02:26:04 PM »
LOL! That'll never happen I don't think. He shares my love for Mustangs but not for outdoor cooking. I don't where I went wrong with him :)
Jason from Conyers GA