Author Topic: SI #3D Smoker - Auber PID Temperature Control manual  (Read 2844 times)

welloffman

SI #3D Smoker - Auber PID Temperature Control manual
« on: February 26, 2017, 08:16:59 PM »
Hello,
I have tried to find a link to the Auber PID Temperature Control manual for the model used on the SI #3D referenced in several, but cannot locate them. I did find a reference to setting the probe high temperature levels with the code 155. I was assisted by another user for a manual  (detached Auber controller used on other models,that indicated the code was 188).

That is why I am looking for the correct model number of the "integrated Auger Control" used on the #3D. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide!
Dane

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: SI #3D Smoker - Auber PID Temperature Control manual
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 11:05:53 PM »
Dane -  The only real difference between the built in and stand alone controllers is the housing, and the lack of an outlet to power a separate smoke generator. I believe the internals on the built in are the same as the stand alone 1500/1501 and therefore the stand alone manual should be sufficient. If you need more than that, I think sending Steve an email with your smoker serial number is going to be your best bet on which Auber innards are in your smoker. Or you might want to call Auber Instruments and ask.   Aside from the instructions that came with your smoker, and those on this site, I am not aware of anything else. But either Steve or Auber may have some additional information. The link below covers the stand alone controller, and also has internal links to the manual which you have and a few other PDFs that may help you. Dave

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_28&products_id=381
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

welloffman

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 04:09:53 PM »
Thank you old Sarge! I just wanted to confirm when I saw different programming codes in different posts. The model you indicated was confirmed by both Steve at SI and Auber Customer Service.
Thank you again for your feedback!

Dane

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 05:55:53 PM »
Glad to help Dane.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

JustChillin

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 06:00:09 PM »
The people at Auber are great. They are only a few mile from my home. When I decided to buy my Auber, I picked it up at their office and the service was excellent.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.