Author Topic: ...#2 or #3 decisions decisions...  (Read 16986 times)

Jerz

• Atlanta, GA
Re: ...#2 or #3 decisions decisions...
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2013, 11:32:32 PM »
ok...  got the stuff for two fatties... I'll be getting up early and firing up the weber...  I gotta try these things and don't want to wait until Wednesday for the Model 3...  I'll do one in the weber tomorrow and the same one in the smokin-it Wednesday or Thursday night...  :-D   gotta get my smoke on...
Why reinvent the wheel?  Get yer smoke on....
Smokin' with the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker for about a year.... Model 3 for a minute... Monitoring with the iGrill with the Android App... :D

UWFSAE

• Smoker, Griller, & International Man of Mystery
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 02:01:45 AM »
I can fault you for enthusiasm.  I personally like to serve Bacon Explosion slices on King's Hawaiian Rolls or Grands Biscuits and they go really well with some bread & butter pickle slices and/or some sliced cheddar.

Let us know how the grand experiment turns out, Jerz ...  :)
Joe from Houston, TX
Proud owner of a Smokin-It #3!

Jerz

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2013, 01:21:21 PM »
That's some good eaten.... can't wait to try on the Model #3...
Smokin' with the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker for about a year.... Model 3 for a minute... Monitoring with the iGrill with the Android App... :D

UWFSAE

• Smoker, Griller, & International Man of Mystery
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2013, 04:06:34 PM »
An absolutely beautiful final product ... and the cool thing is that it will be even easier with the #3 ... :)
Joe from Houston, TX
Proud owner of a Smokin-It #3!

BIG BOB

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2013, 04:13:27 PM »
congrats Jerz...... this is a great smoker and forum. Very helpful folks on here... ask questions and take pictures. ;)
B-EE-RR-UN BEERRUN!

Bob from New Castle, IN.

Jerz

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2013, 04:16:40 PM »
Yeah... tell me about it... I got up at 5:30, put this together, got the wsm ready put it on and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't get past 150.... and then after a few cups of coffee I realized the top vent was closed... DOH!

I'm really looking forward to NOT cleaning out a water pan...  Thanks again for the heads up on Fatties; it's a hit!

Jerz

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 04:24:41 PM »
congrats Jerz...... this is a great smoker and forum. Very helpful folks on here... ask questions and take pictures. ;)

Thanks Bob!  REALLY looking forward to it... smoked baked beans are the BOMB.... glad there's going to be PLENTY of room for those, meats AND Jalapeno poppers... mmmmm.... can't wait...  It took me several smokes to realize too that I don't want to start the smoke for brisket or pork shoulder in the AM.... seems the beer goes down way too smoothly while watching the smoke.... :D  Looking forward to not babysitting...

BIG BOB

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2013, 04:52:10 PM »
What did you stuff in that Fatty?
B-EE-RR-UN BEERRUN!

Bob from New Castle, IN.

Jerz

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2013, 05:32:57 PM »
Bell pepper from the garden, vidalia onion and chedder cheese.... :D
I used the Tennessee Pride Hot Sausage and Wright thick Applewood Bacon...  good stuff...

BIG BOB

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2013, 08:09:39 PM »
MMMMMMMMMMM...... did you cook the onions and peppers a little first?
B-EE-RR-UN BEERRUN!

Bob from New Castle, IN.

Jerz

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 09:21:13 PM »
MMMMMMMMMMM...... did you cook the onions and peppers a little first?

Yes I did....  I cooked the onions in bacon grease until they just got soft and slightly translucent,  put them in a bowl and then cooked the bell peppers about three minutes,  put them in the bowl with the onions and put the bowl in the freezer to cool....
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:25:56 PM by Jerz »

BIG BOB

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2013, 10:25:55 AM »
well done- looks great.
B-EE-RR-UN BEERRUN!

Bob from New Castle, IN.

Jerz

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2013, 04:54:11 PM »
Ok... I left the office early today to get my smoke on... WHERE is that fedex truck!?!?!?

Jerz

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 06:01:21 PM »
Woot!  Got it!  OK... wheels are on and packing material is out...  I'm fixin' to season it at 210 with four pieces of wood but why do the instructions say to remove the shelves?  I figured you would want to burn off any contaminants on the shelves too.... ok well I'm leaving the shelves in unless I hears something different from yuns...

Cheers!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 06:12:31 PM by Jerz »

Jerz

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2013, 06:34:08 PM »
Wow... temps is set to 210 and it's up to 275 according to my digital thermometer....