Author Topic: "Show Me" smoking  (Read 1536 times)

KillerNoms

"Show Me" smoking
« on: February 28, 2020, 06:46:13 PM »
Hello from the Show Me state.

Not really a smoking 'noob', closer to the mid-range of 'novice'. 

I've recently started what I suspect is my last attempt at getting a MB to do what I want. 

The fact that I've joined up here signals my lack of optimism, as I'm already plotting my exit strategy - a Smokin-It 3.5D-Wifi or a 4D-Wifi.

I have a website — KillerNoms.com — that addresses my passion for annoying people with my passion for cooking wild game.  No sign-in, no cookies, nothing for sale, no ads, no donation plea, no form of monetization.  No plans to ever do any of that.

I mean no lack of respect for folks making money in this space.  I just love the topic but have no desire or need to turn it into a job. 

But I am proud of my content, and look forward to adding more smoke.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 06:51:38 PM by KillerNoms »

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: "Show Me" smoking
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 10:45:22 PM »
Welcome from SE Arizona.  My advice is to get the largest smoker your budget can handle.  You don't need to fill it up full all the time but the space is there when you need it.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

mike1910

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 07:37:33 AM »
Welcome! Whatever model you settle on you’ll be happy with
Mike from NE Minnesota
SI #3

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 09:17:36 AM »
Welcome from Delaware.  You can't go wrong with a smokin-it smoker....enjoy!   Cheers
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

barelfly

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 09:21:32 AM »
Welcome! Let us know how we can help you decide on which lazy-q model you need for your home! They are all great to smoke with!

Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear

tomd8

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 02:44:34 PM »
Welcome from New York.
Tom from New York
SmokinIt #3 analog, Masterbuilt analog, Little Chief

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 11:35:05 PM »
Hey Steve... welcome to the family!  I'm a MO expatriate (southwest and north central), now in CA after a stint in TX. 
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 01:09:21 PM »
Welcome from ND. I am confident that you would find any of the SI models (agree to get as big as you can afford) will be a huge improvement over the MB smokers. These two smokers are truly not in the same ballpark when it comes to quality and company customer service.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 06:25:28 PM »
Hello from the Show Me state.

Not really a smoking 'noob', closer to the mid-range of 'novice'. 

I've recently started what I suspect is my last attempt at getting a MB to do what I want. 

The fact that I've joined up here signals my lack of optimism, as I'm already plotting my exit strategy - a Smokin-It 3.5D-Wifi or a 4D-Wifi.

I have a website — KillerNoms.com — that addresses my passion for annoying people with my passion for cooking wild game.  No sign-in, no cookies, nothing for sale, no ads, no donation plea, no form of monetization.  No plans to ever do any of that.

I mean no lack of respect for folks making money in this space.  I just love the topic but have no desire or need to turn it into a job. 

But I am proud of my content, and look forward to adding more smoke.
If you are looking for a smoke built like a tank and will last for years..... Then you have found the right smoker.
I own the 3d and what I love about it is the ability to not only monitor the smoker, but preset all the temps and times on my phone.
Best Greg