Author Topic: Smoked Beef Tenderloin  (Read 2032 times)

packerbacker

Smoked Beef Tenderloin
« on: December 22, 2014, 08:11:02 PM »
Greetings-

I'm a newer owner and first time poster, thanks for the great advice so far.

My father-in-law is asking me to smoke a whole beef tenderloin for Christmas.  From my research, the best method seems smoke at 225-250 degrees till rare to mid-rare then rest, and blast on high heat to get the crust.  I have done a similar method with prime rib and turned out great (not in the smoker).  Has anyone done this before, can I add fresh rosemary to the smoke box....I have hickory and apple, thinking hickory is the way to go...any thoughts, ideas, suggestions is appreciated.  Happy Holidays!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Smoked Beef Tenderloin
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 08:43:38 PM »
Hi cheesehead (I'm a Packer fan, too)!  Here's a tenderloin post that might help -

http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=1252.msg5537#msg5537

Head over to the Introductions section, when able, and tell us a little about yourself and smoking background.  Also, a first name and town in your signature line is a nice touch - we like to get to know our new family members!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

packerbacker

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 09:04:12 PM »
Thanks- I will head over to the intro page as well.

Any ideas about adding rosemary to the smoke box or maybe using a blowtorch to finish the roast..Thanks!!!!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 10:06:19 PM »
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!