Author Topic: VacPak-It Chamber Vac  (Read 2748 times)

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
VacPak-It Chamber Vac
« on: March 11, 2019, 03:19:37 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with this brand? It is WebstaurantStore's store brand. Comparison between comparable VacPak-It and VacMaster models at link below. Same chamber size, but VacPak-It has a more compact overall size.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/compareproducts/?items=186VMC10DPU,186VMC10OP,120VMASVP215,120VMASVP210

About the only differences I see are:
  • VacMaster has a cooling cycle on the seal. VacPak-It only has the cooling cycle on the $1,000+ models.
  • VacMaster includes 75 bags. No bags included with VacPak-It.
  • VacMaster includes a set of filler plates. VacPak-It filler plates can be purchased separately for $16.
  • The VacMaster seal bar has 2 lines. VacPak-It appears to have 1 wide seal line. (Not sure if one is superior to the other.)
Both are made in China. Both have a 1 year warranty.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: VacPak-It Chamber Vac
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 05:33:45 PM »
i saw these units too and was wondering the same thing. They look pretty much like the exact same units to me, but I have no definitive knowledge of any of the differences other than listed below:

My comments below are in regards to comparing the oil pump machines (as that is the one that I would recommend and have experience with).

I do like the double seal, but not sure that that would be a deal breaker if these other ones have 1 larger seal.

If you do get one, I would highly recommend getting the filler plates though, especially if you vacuum a lot of thin items as the filler plates will definitely let you use less time on each vacuum as they help reduce the amount of air that needs to be vacuumed out of the chamber.

Not sure if the cooling cycle would be a deal breaker either. However, it is nice to prevent you from pulling the bag off of the bar before the seal is cooled well enough to prevent damaging it while removing from the seal bar.

Couple of additional interesting differences that I found:
  • The Vac-Pak-It is actually about 1" smaller in Width and Depth and almost 3" shorter in height.
  • Vac-Pak-It shows more Amps/Watts/Voltage than the VacMaster - Amps: 8.33 vs 4.2 / Watts: 1000 vs 462 / Volts: 120 vs 110

All things being considered, I don't think that the Vak-Pak-It would be a "bad" choice at all.

But, considering the starting price point difference of $170, minus the cost of the filler plates, 75 bags, Cooling cycle, uses less power, and double seal, for me personally I would still get the VacMaster 215.

This is a long-term machine that has replaceable parts if necessary that if I keep this for 10+ years, the $17 per year difference would be worth it for me to have the unit made by the more established company.

My 2ยข for what it is worth. :)
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.