Author Topic: 28 day ribeyes first day  (Read 3646 times)

mnsmoker

28 day ribeyes first day
« on: April 13, 2014, 01:55:53 PM »
Well I finally pulled the trigger on a ribeye 16lbs. @ 8.50 lb. 140 bucks got her bagged and in the fridge its been all of 30 minutes and I already want to look gunna be along 28 days. Will post with pictures a long the way.
Jim from Minnesota

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: 28 day ribeyes first day
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 02:47:18 PM »
Welcome to the dry-age club, Jim!  The results are incredible at 21 days, so if you can't hold out 28, it's ok...you won't be disappointed! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

mnsmoker

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 04:07:54 PM »
It's going to be a major challenge to go 28 days that fridge is like a magnet and I don't think it will get easier as the days pass but we will see how it looks after 21. At 16.54 lbs. that's going to be some awesome sunday night steak frys for a while.......remember no peek no peek!!!!
Jim from Minnesota

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 05:26:11 PM »
The one I did was just over 14 lbs, and I got 11 1 1/2" steaks out of it.  You should get about 13, probably?  So your $140 piece will yield about $500 worth of really nice ribeyes...not a bad return on investment!  The wait is definitely worthwhile!  Go ahead and peek, won't hurt a thing (just so long as you do it while you have to get in there for something anyways)! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 09:06:22 PM »
Your patience and time will be rewarded.

Just a suggestion, for when you post your pictures, if you could name the pictures as to how many days in to the wait they are it will be nice for us to try to distinguish the different pictures through the progression.

Awesome project!
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.