Author Topic: Rain!  (Read 2106 times)

Hawkeye

Rain!
« on: June 10, 2018, 09:02:33 AM »
Started some ribs this morning and now have an unexpected rainstorm on its way....guess I should have checked the weather when I got up early.  I know it is supposed to be alright but I did cover the controller with a press and seal plastic wrap and also covered the vent hole, rain may get heavy :( , but I found a pot lid that was heavy and still allowed venting.
Dave from Iowa

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Rain!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 09:41:08 AM »
I would make sure that the smoke can still vent out.  Where I live we have been waiting for rain for several months.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

dcbt

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 09:47:36 AM »
We just finished house hunting (finally under contract), fortunately we found one with a covered patio for weatherproof grilling and smoking.  Our current house doesn't have this so I'm very much looking forward to it.
Bryce in DFW, TX
SI #1
Weber Silver Genesis

Hawkeye

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 12:10:50 PM »
Wish it was covered...if I would have know I also would have moved it.  The lid does have plenty of holes for the smoke to go out, but I propped it up since it was trapping too much heat in...now the rain could stop at anytime as they will be done soon.
Dave from Iowa

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 01:14:51 PM »
My #3 has sat uncovered outside on the deck in all Michigan weather, for four years. Short a direct lighting strike I don't believe you can kill it.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud