Author Topic: Behind curtain # 1 - West Virginia  (Read 2899 times)

McSev2010

Behind curtain # 1 - West Virginia
« on: September 18, 2013, 08:18:03 PM »
Hello all,

I ordered myself a Smokin-It smoker (I have the middle guy) on Sunday night and imagine my shock and awe when it was shipped this past Monday, and got here the next evening.  It's seasoning right now, and this weekend, I'm going to make pork butt burnt ends.  I like brisket burnt ends , but these things are spectacular...just right for Sunday NFL RedZone football!  I'm also a huge Carolina BBQ fan, and often can be found smoking Carolina inspired ribs, chicken, turkey and all manners of pork shoulder and butt.

I can't wait to read all your posts and see what the rest of you are doing!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Behind curtain # 1 - West Virginia
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 08:45:46 PM »
Welcome aboard, McSev!  You'll have many happy days ahead of you with your Smokin-It! #2!  Burnt ends are sooo good!  Haven't done them in my Smokin-It yet (shame on me), so you've got me thinking! 

Hang out here when you can, and throw us some pics & details on your smokes!  We LOVE new folks, and new ideas here!  You've definitely picked the right smoker, and the right forum to hang at! ;D   
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Smokster

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 09:34:15 PM »
Welcome to the club McSev.  Congrats on the smoker and your new addiction.  Based on your introduction, I'm looking forward to your smoking recipes and pics of your results.
Tony from Toronto
Smokin It and Lovin It

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 09:37:31 PM »
Hey McSev - sounds like you have some great Carolina recipes!  Be sure to post some in the "Regional BBQ" section! 
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

es1025

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 08:52:47 PM »
McSev
Welcome aboard, you will be pleased with your new purchase. Smokster is right this is an addiction. Hope to see some nice Carolina recipes.
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

BIG BOB

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 08:34:06 AM »
Welcome to the club... I also have the #2 and i (my family too ) love it!!!  it goes great with Sunday NFL and a few  cold beers! Enjoy!
B-EE-RR-UN BEERRUN!

Bob from New Castle, IN.