Author Topic: Just ordered a 3, Austin, TX  (Read 4805 times)

Horsepowerfarm

• 3 is my favorite number.
Just ordered a 3, Austin, TX
« on: August 04, 2013, 02:40:53 PM »
Hello from Austin,
We just ordered Smokin it 3!!! My wife and are are really excited. We have worn out 5 Brinkman's in the last 9 years and are looking forward to more durability and less fussing around. We have perfected our technique with the Brinkman and are looking forward to a new learning curve with the 3.

We spent about 6 months researching coal, wood, gas and electric, and we feeling comfortable with our decision.
We wanted to thank you for letting us lurk around this forum, it was instrumental in our process.
Now, how can we get through a week or so for our order to arrive?
Winslow
Austin, Texas
Smokem' if you got 'em!

smokeasaurus

Re: Just ordered a 3, Austin, TX
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 03:02:45 PM »
It is going to be a long excruciating wait and there is nothing we can do to help you  ;D  We have all gone through it ourselves.

I tell ya, you won't wear this smoker out anytime soon.....you might just end up leaving it in your will.........

UWFSAE

• Smoker, Griller, & International Man of Mystery
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 03:47:06 PM »
Congrats from Houston, Horsepower!  You won't be sorry ... the #3 is an amazing machine and does justice to the Hill Country style of 'Q.  Let us know if you need anything ...  ;D
Joe from Houston, TX
Proud owner of a Smokin-It #3!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 07:38:17 PM »
Welcome to our little party, Horsepower!  You've made a choice you won't regret!  And yes, the waiting time after ordering is the hardest part! >:(

Be sure to follow the instructions on seasoning, and you'll be ready for your first cook!  Let us know about your first smoke, and post some pics if you can!

Hang around here whenever you can, and feel free to ask questions and contribute your thoughts freely!!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Spence

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 07:44:58 PM »
Welcome to the group!  Got my #3 a few weeks ago and love it.  You'll find lots of friendly help and advice here.  Don't be a stranger when it comes to sharing your challenges and successes.
Alabama Chain Smoker

es1025

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 08:00:54 AM »
Welcome aboard, the waiting game is difficult but will be well worth it. If you don't have some of the gadgets I would recommend to get some. I would also read the forum, we have a lot of knowledge here. Other than that think about your first smoke after seasoning, plan your menu.
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 11:07:52 AM »
Welcome, horsepower, to the smokin-it family!   I purchased a #2 back in January and usually have at least one smoke going every weekend...this past weekend ribs on Saturday and pull chicken on Sunday!   The #2 is holding up well, so I doubt I will be slowing down anytime soon!

As others have noted, your #3 will arrive pretty much ready to go...just install the wheels.  After a 4 hour seasoning (instructions provided and hictory dowels), you will be in business.

Happy smok'in!
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

Horsepowerfarm

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 09:05:41 PM »
Thanks to all for the kind words and encouragement. I placed my order around 2:00pm on Sunday, had my tracking number by 4:30pm on Sunday, and it is scheduled for delivery on Wednesday. Damn, I'm as excited as when I bought my Porsche!
So, I'm thinking about seasoning it Wednesday night, then going to leave work really early (noon) on Thursday. Babybacks Thursday night.
Winslow
Austin, Texas
Smokem' if you got 'em!

DivotMaker

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 09:38:56 PM »
Now you're thinking like a Smokin-It owner! ;D   The arrival, seasoning, and first smoke are oh so memorable!  Good luck with your plan, and let us know how it turns out!
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 08:36:15 AM »
Sounds like a plan!    I seem to recall that my first smoke was babybacks as well -- a good choice!    The typical method used here for the ribs is the 2-2-1 method, although you will see other approaches discussed in the pork forum.

Good luck...post some pics if you can!   Cheers
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

Horsepowerfarm

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 07:54:42 PM »
It is seasoning! The wait is over.
Winslow
Austin, Texas
Smokem' if you got 'em!

DivotMaker

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 08:00:53 PM »
Nice, HP!  Don't you just love that smell??  ;D ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas