Author Topic: Smokin-It 3D Will Not Heat Up  (Read 1083 times)

Jax

Smokin-It 3D Will Not Heat Up
« on: September 09, 2020, 08:35:52 PM »
I've had my Smokin-It 3D for 4 years.  We turned it on to smoke a brisket for for the 4th of July, and noticed it would not power on.  I was told by Steve that the wiring to the cord may be fried due to excessive heat.  He suggested removing the black plastic shrink wrap on both connections and then remove any damaged wiring, and replace the butt connectors.  Since I wanted to have it deep cleaned, I found a place in town that did the work, and cleaned it.  Since getting it back the smoker will not heat up. 

My first thought was the heating element needed to be replaced, but Steve did not think it was the problem, and the guys that cleaned it for me said the smoker was working fine before bringing it back.  I have plugged it in to different sockets, but still does not want to heat up.  The guys that cleaned it says, it may be a bad relay switch, so I ordered a new one and replaced it today. Still when I turn it on, the smoker does not heat up.  I think it may be a faulty heating element or it may have come loose during the transport of the unit, but I am looking for your thoughts?
Jax
Tulsa, OK
SI 3D

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Smokin-It 3D Will Not Heat Up
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 10:07:16 PM »
I am assuming that the control panel lights up and functionsOK? If you suspect the element, this link may help:
http://www.appliance411.com/faq/test-element.shtml
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives