Author Topic: Questions: How long can you smoke? Will this work under cabinet?  (Read 668 times)

omgitsjulian

Hi,

I was recommended looking into this smoker from Reddit. I'm wondering if you could help me with some questions?:

- I usually smoke at around 150f - for 7 hours. Can this smoker last that long unattended (without filling up the tray)
- I'm building an outdoor kitchen, do you think its possible to modify this into an under the counter unit? I would love for the wifi unit to have a "built in look".

Thanks in advance!

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
Re: Questions: How long can you smoke? Will this work under cabinet?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 05:53:03 PM »
I have a #2 analog and have smoked several times for 6-10 hours (brisket, butts, for example) with no issues.   I don't load new wood and I don't really watch over it except to monitor the IT when the meat gets close to finishing.   I normally smoke in the 230* range.

My #2 is just on the back deck, but others have gone much more elaborate with their set ups.   Check out this board for examples of how others have set up their smoking equipment ...

https://www.smokinitforums.com/index.php?board=54.0

Good luck!
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

omgitsjulian

Re: Questions: How long can you smoke? Will this work under cabinet?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 06:29:25 PM »
Thanks or the reply, SW. Your answer helped a lot!

I did a search for "built in" and "under cabinet" in that section and didn't find much. But I'll start clicking around now.