Author Topic: Sous Vide Frequent Use & Storage/Maintenance  (Read 1402 times)

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Sous Vide Frequent Use & Storage/Maintenance
« on: February 03, 2020, 02:12:41 PM »
For you folks that regularly use your Sous Vide circulators, do you just leave water in your sous vide container all the time? What about the circulator itself?

I was just wondering if those of you that use your units so frequently just leave them running all the time and refill the water as it evaporates to avoid having to heat up the water all of the time?

Maybe a dumb question, but I am just curious and don't see any threads where this has really been discussed, so again it might be a dumb question.

Do you have any cleaning and/or storage tips that you use to keep your circulators in tip-top shape?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 02:16:53 PM by NDKoze »
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Re: Sous Vide Frequent Use & Storage/Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 03:06:50 PM »
Hey Gregg,
If I am going to use the Sous Vide the next day I leave the water in, other wise I dispose of the water and dry out my gear. I have only had my unit for a couple of months, so far it has not needed to be cleaned. Here is what Anova says about cleaning:

Simply dilute equal parts water and white vinegar into a small pot. Put your Anova Precision Cooker in the water-vinegar combo. Set the temperature to 140 °F / 60 °C, and allow the device to heat the liquid. When the device has reached that temperature, the cleaning is complete.

Best Greg