Author Topic: Model 4 Timer  (Read 3403 times)

Heightssmokeshack

Model 4 Timer
« on: August 08, 2019, 09:51:08 PM »
Hey Guys! received my smoker a couple of weeks ago and have already done a couple successful smokes. Had a question in regards to the timer. If I set the timer for 6 hours will it automatically shut off? Was wondering because I'd like to smoke some ribs overnight but don't won't it to go for too long. Thanks in advance for any advice!

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Model 4 Timer
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 11:30:43 PM »
Once you set the cook temp, and then the cook time, ensure the remaining steps are set at zero! You should be fine. If you are a little hesitant to try your first 'timed' smoke, run the smoker empty for one hour and check that it shut down after the hour was up.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

EFGM

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 04:35:49 PM »
One additional thought for consideration is that even after the smoker is off, your product will continue to be in a "hot smoker" for whatever period of time, continuing to cook. These are very well insulated smokers, so just a thought to consider.

Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

martinman54

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 01:02:18 PM »
I've got the 4D Wifi.  I'm having to have the temperature probe plugged in to get this thing to accept my settings while setting a timed cook.  Is this normal?  It's cooking fine....best smoker I've seen, it's just taking me a while to
learn the Auber control.
Any tips out there?
Thanks
Tony

EFGM

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 06:00:32 AM »
Tony, are you trying to program from the controller itself or using the app on your phone?
Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 09:32:59 AM »
I've got the 4D Wifi.  I'm having to have the temperature probe plugged in to get this thing to accept my settings while setting a timed cook.

The controller software is atrocious whether you're programming directly on the PID or through the phone app.  Make sure that you are changing all settings to by time and 0 across the board, turn the controller off and back on, and then enter your desired program.  The thing needs a simple 'reset to blank/off'...
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

martinman54

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 10:03:10 AM »
Yep, Thanks for all the input guys.  But, after finally reading the manual and learning the terminology, this thing is pretty simple to use.  So glad I got the Wifi controller.  Turns out, this is the best 2 grand I've spent in a long time.

Tony from Texas