Author Topic: new to the forum  (Read 2443 times)

Randy

new to the forum
« on: August 13, 2013, 06:49:22 PM »
Hello Randy from Montana. Just debating between the #2 or #3 . Im 53 have 4 boys 4 grand kids and love to hunt ,fish , and smoke meet. o ya and drink beer . 
If it walks, crawls, slizzers, or even grows from the grownd smoke it.

UWFSAE

• Smoker, Griller, & International Man of Mystery
Re: new to the forum
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 06:54:34 PM »
Meat, beer, family ... the order isn't as important as the combination of all three.  Welcome to the forum, Randy.  Best of luck with your decision (go for the #3!!!).   ;)
Joe from Houston, TX
Proud owner of a Smokin-It #3!

Spence

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 07:12:04 PM »
Hello Randy,
Welcome to the group!  Sounds like you could easily justify a number 3 with your family and the smokes you'd probably want to do.  I went with the #3 and haven't looked back since. 
Alabama Chain Smoker

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 07:29:28 PM »
Welcome to our little party, Randy!  Your situation seems to fit the #3....or maybe even the #4! ;)   Go big or go home, I say!  Really, though, the 3 sounds like a good decision.  You can always cook less in a big one, but you better be equipped when that clan gets hungry!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 08:15:15 AM »
Welcome, Randy!   I would agree with others that a #3 sounds like a good choice for you.   I have a family of 4 and occasionally smoke for 6-8 people with my #2.  I can get 3 or 4 racks of babybacks in the #2, and I have done a couple of 5# chickens, or 25 or so wings at one time.    If you want to smoke more meat at any given time, then the #3 should accommodate you well.   

Happy smok'in!
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2