Author Topic: can't connect the app  (Read 876 times)

smokeyjay

can't connect the app
« on: November 26, 2022, 02:45:42 PM »
I recently bought a used 2D wifi smoker, the previous owner showed me how it worked with the app, so I know that it works. I have not been able to connect it to my phone. It seems that I cannot re-set the controller on the smoker. Also the buttons on the controller are flaky at best & don't seem to much of anything consistently. any help advice would be appreciated. I did call Steve & he pointed me to the correct app version but, no luck. I am on the 2.4Ghz.

~Update~
It turns out that the controller needed to be repaired/rebuilt by Auberins. The short story is, they repaired the buttons  on the controller & then offered to upgrade the control board and wifi module to the 2nd gen (as the plastic enclosure & overlay were the 2nd gen, but not my original board) and update the firmware. they were super-nice to deal with & after my initial conversation over the phone, we managed the entire process via text message. There was a minimal fee for the new board & shipping. I reinstalled it & connected over wifi & now just need to get some MEAT & get to Smokin-It.

thanks for all who helped w/suggestions etc & looking forward to a very smokey spring/summer/fall
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 10:58:23 AM by smokeyjay »

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: can't connect the app
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 10:06:23 PM »
I have no idea if the following will work but give it a try:
https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=42
And this link has more instructions.  Scroll down and look for manuals.  You may have to search for the controller model you have:
https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_28&products_id=702
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

smokeyjay

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 09:27:28 AM »
thanks, I'll look through those guides

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 06:47:01 PM »
Alternately, you can call Auberins and they should be able to walk you through it.  Be advised the speak with a heavy accent.  And lastly, if close by, maybe you can get help from the person you bought it from.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

smokeyjay

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 10:11:20 AM »
I think I will need to do that. The trouble seems to be that the controller won't go into reset mode, the previous owner tried to help me over the phone but, we were unsuccessful. I've read in the forums that someone had success using a different phone or tablet, so I tried an old cell but, even though the phone is running android 5.0x it cannot install the app? I am receiving a new Samsung s22 this week & fingers crossed it will work? I sure hope the controller is not fried. I was hoping to purchase the Bella cold smoker add-on w/any extra $$

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 06:40:16 PM »
Wishing you luck!
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle