Author Topic: Custom cover from Covers & All  (Read 1008 times)

cantonn11

Custom cover from Covers & All
« on: April 09, 2022, 12:00:03 PM »
I am going to buy a Smokin It 3D.  I am considering to order a custom cover from Covers & All for this smoker.  When entering the dimensions into the order, could I just go by the outside dimensions of 17" W x 28" D x 25" H or should I also include 5 inches for the casters and 2.375 inches for digital controller.

Link: https://www.coversandall.com/custom-size-and-shape-covers-rectangle-and-square.html

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Custom cover from Covers & All
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 12:41:28 PM »
My 3D measures from ground to top of controller just a tad over 33 inches. From ground to bottom of smoker is 9 inches - casters and legs. I have a standard SI cover for the smoker and it covers just below the smoker box leaving some leg and casters exposed so I can move it around covered as well as blowing out debris and leaves when cleaning the patio.  Pretty much your own decision as to how much to cover and how much to leave exposed.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

barelfly

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 02:23:43 PM »
I’m away from the house so can’t get photos for you, but I have a Covers&all cover for my 3D - although it’s a mess up cover that I had custom built for my built in grill. They didn’t have me send it back.

That said, these covers are outstanding! I have 5 total and my dad has a few as well. They are great and last! I use the Smokin-it cover that came with the 3D as the first cover and then the covers&all cover over that. Fortunately, the length is just under the box, so it’ keeps it enclosed well.
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 02:36:04 PM »
I would add a 2-3 inches to the depth (front to back) to allow for the handles on the front and the huge heat sink and cord hangers on the back.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

OldeSmoker

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 12:37:52 AM »
I added 5” front to back since I have the Bella on the front. I add 1” to the sides. It fits great.
Paul from Southwest Missouri
*Smokin-It 3D-WiFi
with Bella’s CSG and The Stephanie Cabinet
*Members Mark SS 6 Burner Gas Grill with Sear Burner, Side Burner & Rotisserie
*River Grills Wood Fired Grill and Fire Pit
W/ Rotisserie and Dutch Oven Hanger