Author Topic: Pork Belly "Brisket"  (Read 1058 times)

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
Pork Belly "Brisket"
« on: October 30, 2021, 10:33:05 AM »
Haven't posted in a long time but I've still been smoking!  I was at a local BBQ joint a couple weeks ago and they listed Pork Belly so I ordered 1/4 lb of it.  OMG it was off the charts!  They smoked it like a brisket and sliced it the same.  Not like Pork Belly Burnt Ends... that's much different.  So, I've now watched a few YouTube videos on the subject but wanted to see if anyone on here has cooked Pork Belly Brisket on their Smokin' It yet?  If so, please let me know how you cooked it an approx how long the cook took?

I have just gotten a large slab of pork belly to do this today from Costco.  I plan to rub it with a Dalmatian rub and smoke to 200-205 (that's what most of the videos I watched had done).  I'll also probably cut the meat into 3 or 4 smaller slabs and will wrap in tin foil around 170ish when the bark looks good.  I wouldn't think this would take 12 hours.  I"m thinking somewhere around 5ish hours but looking for opinions. 

Looking forward to hearing of others experiences and will post pics along the way.
Smokin-it #3, Napolean Prestige Pro 500 Grill, Anova WiFi Precision Cooker (Sous Vide)
The Woodlands, Texas

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Pork Belly "Brisket"
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 12:42:36 PM »
Sounds interesting.Good luck!
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Libohunden

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 12:54:22 PM »
Well, I tried to post some pictures but can't seem to get them posted.  Says a security issue?
Smokin-it #3, Napolean Prestige Pro 500 Grill, Anova WiFi Precision Cooker (Sous Vide)
The Woodlands, Texas

OldeSmoker

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2021, 03:48:44 PM »
I have been wanting to smoke pork belly, but haven’t found it where I live. I may just have to order one. Sounds great!
Paul from Southwest Missouri
*Smokin-It 3D-WiFi
with Bella’s CSG and The Stephanie Cabinet
*Members Mark SS 6 Burner Gas Grill with Sear Burner, Side Burner & Rotisserie
*River Grills Wood Fired Grill and Fire Pit
W/ Rotisserie and Dutch Oven Hanger