Author Topic: Hey all from Okc,OK  (Read 2852 times)

gloksrule

• Bacon defines me,,Ronnie from OKC,OK
Hey all from Okc,OK
« on: July 20, 2013, 01:28:05 AM »
Woohoo, finally got a #1, threw some dogs, hot links, and beef brats on with the sample wood that's included, I think I used too much wood cause it was horrible,, lesson learned :),,,,,anyway glad to meet everyone

UWFSAE

• Smoker, Griller, & International Man of Mystery
Re: Hey all from Okc,OK
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 01:37:31 AM »
Yup, a few ounces of wood goes a loooooooong way in the Smokin-It units.  If you have any questions just give a shout ...
Joe from Houston, TX
Proud owner of a Smokin-It #3!

es1025

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 03:27:31 PM »
The hickory dowels your received with the smoker go along way.  The weight approx. 2-3 oz.
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

bigboy74

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 11:03:10 PM »
Welcome!! What they are saying is true!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 07:45:35 PM »
Welcome to the family, gloksrule!  Did you season your #1 without meat before throwing those dogs in?  Just curious...  4 hours of smoke without any meat in really makes a BIG difference in the taste of your first smoke! 
If this was the first time you had smoke in your #1, the meat paid the price for seasoning.  May have just been too much wood, but was probably the mixture of wood smoke and machine oil if it was the first time of use!

Glad you're on board!  When you hang out here, you'll be amazed at the great ideas, and great folks we have contributing to our forum.  We're growing fast, and folks like you are finding out why Smokin-It smokers rock!
Trust us, your next smoke will be better - have faith!  You can see plenty of success stories here!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

gloksrule

• Bacon defines me,,Ronnie from OKC,OK
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 03:02:05 AM »
Thanks for replys,,, yes I seasoned it prior to cooking anything ,, my ribs last weekend were much better;)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 08:31:00 AM »
That's great, glok!  i was hoping that first result was a fluke!  Here's to future successes!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!