Author Topic: Auber PID Result -- OK?  (Read 2318 times)

ChuckFlorida

Auber PID Result -- OK?
« on: May 14, 2016, 06:26:47 PM »
I just installed the permanent temperature probe and disconnected the analog controller by bridging the wires together as shown here in this forum.  Everything seems to work good -- when the Auber output light is on so is the red light on the smoker (#2 smoker).   I set up the initial program setting as shown in the Smokin It Autotune instructions and then did the Autotune.   The outside temperature at the time I did the autotune was 82 degrees (Florida).   Here are the PID settings:

P = 72
I = 600
D = 275
Do these settings seems reasonable?

Update:  Did some ribs using the Auber and the temperature held perfect at 235 for 5 hours.   Ribs came out fabulous.  I might consider going 4 hours and then wrapping in foil for the last hour, but the ribs were tender, tasty and juicy so not much room for improvement.  The Auber with the permanent fixed probe is the way to go.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:07:00 PM by ChuckFlorida »

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Auber PID Result -- OK?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 12:31:29 AM »
Try using the search feature for PID Values. I think you will find a variety of values.  I am no expert here but yours look pretty good from what I have read. May be time to test with some ribs or something that doesn't take too long and check the results.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Auber PID Result -- OK?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 05:26:54 PM »
You numbers look OK, Chuck.  The real test is if it holds temps steady when you smoke something!  (What I like to call "real world" testing). ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!