Author Topic: Newbie from TX  (Read 1457 times)

King Daddy Rabbit

Newbie from TX
« on: November 12, 2014, 12:16:09 AM »
Howdy!  Have been smoking for several yrs now mainly with pellets. Screen name is what the mechanics at work have dubbed me. Take them a brisket or some ribs once in a while. Gets me moved to the front of the line. Just received my model#3. Cold out tonight in TX but this is BBQ. Put it together and wiped and blew it out good. Just plugged it in to season. May be dumb question but wouldn't be the 1st in my life. In box there were two{2} black pcs of angle sheet metal. Are these just packing??? Can't find anywhere to install so that's what I assume. Sure someone can tell me. Hope this guy cooks as well as all the reviews I have read. Sure it will. Tuesday is my Saturday so tomorrow I will give it a workout. See if I can't get a good scald on some St Louis ribs. Also going to throw a couple of acorn squash in there. Did this last yr. Cut in half-brush with olive oil-light salt/pepper and just a hint of cayenne pepper. Then while they cooked reduced some orange juice/brown sugar cinnamon/cloves or what ever other spices you like. Brushed with that and served and they were great.  I cooked those over apple wood. Will try the hickory this time. Oak is always mainstay here, but I like to play with them all.
Happy Veterans Day to all those who served. May God bless America again.

Russell
Russell
Weatherford, TX

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Newbie from TX
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 07:31:13 PM »
Welcome aboard, neighbor!  With your new #3, you'll be at the head of the line ALL the time!  You'll find yourself smoking more meat than you ever did with the "traditional" smokers!  Lots easier prep and cleanup equals much more use! 

Glad to have you with us - looking forward to some good Texas Q recipes! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Newbie from TX
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 09:34:24 PM »
Welcome from Southeast Arizona.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle