Author Topic: 3D accessories  (Read 2021 times)

GentlemanJerk

3D accessories
« on: December 31, 2019, 09:40:04 AM »
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a 3D (probably wifi) and I had a couple questions about some accessories, namely the pre-drilled door and the jerky drier.

Is is possible to purchase a new 3D wifi smoker and have the pre-drilled door installed before it is shipped out?  Would that change the total price of the unit?  Also, does the door ship with a plug to fill the hole when the smoke generator isn't being used?

What exactly is the jerky drier?  It looks like a fan that just attaches to the top of the smokers to help circulate air more so it gets more of a convection effect.   Has anyone used it before and is it worth it?  I've made lots of jerky in "standard smokers" (Big chiefs, MES) without the addition of a fan, does the drier speed up the time required to make jerky?

Thanks for the info!

barelfly

Re: 3D accessories
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 10:05:41 AM »
You may need to contact Steve regarding your question on the door.

As for the jerky drier, I made my own and use it when I am smoking sausage that I make or salmon, food that I am smoking at lower temps. It works well and was easy and cheap to make.

Someone on the board posted instructions on how to make the fan, it should come up through a search and you can see if it’s something you want to try to build or purchase.

Otherwise, you’ll love the 3D! I have the base model and love it!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear

GentlemanJerk

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 10:11:04 AM »
You may need to contact Steve regarding your question on the door.

I assume the easiest way would be through the Smokin-It site?

GentlemanJerk

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 10:40:28 AM »
As for the jerky drier, I made my own and use it when I am smoking sausage that I make or salmon, food that I am smoking at lower temps. It works well and was easy and cheap to make.

Someone on the board posted instructions on how to make the fan, it should come up through a search and you can see if it’s something you want to try to build or purchase.

Otherwise, you’ll love the 3D! I have the base model and love it!

Found the thread and the fan the suggested to use.  Thanks!

barelfly

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 05:02:58 PM »
Here is phone and email. A call may be more helpful if you have a few questions.

For Orders or Information
Please call us at:

260-417-9951
or email at:
smokin.it.info@gmail.com

And glad you found the thread on the fan. It’s cheap and easy to make.
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear