Author Topic: Used 3D price?  (Read 1762 times)

jpowell

• facebook
Used 3D price?
« on: January 01, 2019, 12:39:15 PM »
I need to upgrade to a 3.5 or 4D and wondering what y'all think a reasonable price for my 3D w/ cover would be? It's been awesome and housed indoors when not smoking...and within the past year, I use it inside my garage venting into an old wood stove flue (I have a post somewhere on the setup) :-)
Jason
>3D (my 1st ever smoker!) purchased 4/16
>4 Analog acquired from the founder of Auber Instruments in 11/22 with twin internal auber convection fans. Converting to digital with auber AW-WST1510H-W
>IT Guy
>Autocross and track day junkie
>Far Northern Indiana

LarryD

• 3DW
Re: Used 3D price?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 01:20:43 PM »
So it looks like your smoker is ~2.5 years old.  The 3D WiFi is $1035.  The 3D isn't on the site right now, but the wi-fi appears to be about $150 more, so let's say the 3D is $900 new.  I don't even know if warranty is transferable, but the warranty on the auber is expired and the warranty on the box is as good as gone so it's effectively out of warranty.  A 2D WiFi is $835.  Unless there is something exceptional about the cover I wouldn't give it any actual value.

So... I would suggest a starting price of $650 and be prepared to go as low as $500 depending on your market and how badly you want to move it.  I'm just basing this on my own valuation and what I would consider paying for it if I were in the market.  Hopefully you'll get some more responses to help guide you.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 01:46:07 PM by LarryD »
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

jpowell

• facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 01:40:17 PM »
Thanks Larry. Since these don't come up often for sale, it's been interesting to figure out an approx used value.
Jason
>4 Analog acquired from the founder of Auber Instruments in 11/22 with twin internal auber convection fans. Converting to digital with auber AW-WST1510H-W
>IT Guy
>Far Northern Indiana

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 07:25:02 PM »
Hi Jason - Here is your post with photos of your indoor set-up.   Maybe you can post on a competing site like smokingmeatforums as well as craigslist.  A couple of photos in/out should do it for you!
https://www.smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=6814.msg62301#msg62301
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

pappabear

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 11:35:55 AM »
Not related to your 3D, but I've found the best rule of thumb for selling things is ask about half of what the new price was.
Gary
Acme Pa
USAF Vet
Retired coal miner

azbohunter

• I eat, therefore I hunt and fish!
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 12:12:39 PM »
Mine is not a D model but I bought it used. A #3 with Auber PID for $400. It was a year old.
Glendale, AZ 8 months of the year and then 4 months where ever the fish are biting best, usually along the Columbia River in Oregon.
I eat, therefore I hunt and fish! Hopefully I will learn to smoke some of it!

jpowell

• facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 09:45:45 PM »
Mine is not a D model but I bought it used. A #3 with Auber PID for $400. It was a year old.
Heck of a deal!
Jason
>IT Guy
>Far Northern Indiana