Author Topic: Auber AW-1520H WiFi App  (Read 1430 times)

thinblue

Auber AW-1520H WiFi App
« on: January 23, 2023, 11:21:47 PM »
I just purchased a Auber AW-1520H WiFi to replace my WSD-1503CPH ( it quit working). I used the WSD-1503CPH for over ten years on my #3.  It worked great. I have the AW-1520H connected to my home WiFi and downloaded the App to my phone. After much consternation, I figured out how to run the #3 at 225 degrees for 2 hours with the app.
Even though programing the WSD-1503CPH seemed cryptic, I was able to program it and it worked great.
My question is, do any of you know if there are any common sense instructions on how to program the AW-1520H app on my phone????????  That's why I decided to buy the WiFi version.
I contacted Auber and they said I should be able to use the Manual for the Auber AW-1520H which was included with the PID. Yes I did receive the the manual for the Auber AW-1520H.
The manual basically tells you how to connect to WFi and load the app.  The rest of the instructions are for manually programing the PID itself. Nothing on using the app.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Auber has great products, they just don't have a clue how to write a good interface. Maybe if I were a scientist it would be easier. Writing old DOS and Fortran code was easier.   

Have: Tejas stick burner roll top and a Smokin-it #3 w/ Auber

Had: Brinkmann vertical charcoal, wore out; Old Smoky, not to my liking sold; Brinkmann Pro offset, gave to friend;  Sams Club propane smoker, junk, returned to SAMs; 2 Brinkmann vertical electric, wore out.

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Auber AW-1520H WiFi App
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 08:31:24 PM »
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

thinblue

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 10:54:55 PM »
Thank you Old Sarge. i will review. I noted the bottom of page 6 is cut off.
Is it possible to get the entire page 6?
Thanks again.
Have: Tejas stick burner roll top and a Smokin-it #3 w/ Auber

Had: Brinkmann vertical charcoal, wore out; Old Smoky, not to my liking sold; Brinkmann Pro offset, gave to friend;  Sams Club propane smoker, junk, returned to SAMs; 2 Brinkmann vertical electric, wore out.

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 12:30:18 AM »
Follow this link.  Then choose 'for the customer' and select the manual.
https://www.smokin-it.com/
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives