Author Topic: smoked potato wedges  (Read 3376 times)

MC1960

• Lover of great pork ribs
smoked potato wedges
« on: October 10, 2018, 07:11:47 PM »
Has anyone done potato wedges in the smoker? Cooking ribs Friday and was thinking about putting some in with the ribs. I was wondering how long they would take to cook. Thanks, Mark
Mark from the Republic of West Florida, later South East Louisiana (the upper toe of the boot)
Smokin-it #2

Lonzinomaker

Re: smoked potato wedges
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 12:35:43 PM »
I smoke russets frequently with ribs, turkey, whatever. I find that medium size whole potatoes take 4-4.5 hours at 250 (temp for turkey). At 225, they get done the same time the ribs do in my #3.
Last weekend I did 2 turkey breasts and included 2 yams with the potatoes. I scrub the potatoes/yams with a stiff hand brush. Then I rub a light coating of butter on the skins, sprinkle a little salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder on.  Then they go into the smoker bare as soon as I put the meat in.  The yams were very tasty, skins had a good smoke flavor and the flesh was lightly flavored.
Dave
Smokin-It #3 main smoker.
1400 Smokin Tex (same size as #2) for Snowbird time.
Smokin-It #1 for camping trips.
Big Chief with mailbox mod for cheese smoking
Blackstone 22in griddle with Bakerstone pizza oven
Spokane, WA

MC1960

• Lover of great pork ribs
Re: smoked potato wedges
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 02:23:03 PM »
I cut them in quarters seasoned them and put them in the smoker for about 2 hours, small ones were just right, larger ones could have gone longer.
Mark from the Republic of West Florida, later South East Louisiana (the upper toe of the boot)
Smokin-it #2